By Mike.Hallett-Oracle on Nov 26, 2014
One of the best reasons for introducing Hadoop into your clients is as a lower cost ETL and staging platform for any data warehouse... the so called “Data Lake” Concept. But as discussed by Gartner “Beware of the Data Lake Fallacy”... this still needs governance: “Without descriptive metadata and a mechanism to maintain it, the data lake risks turning into a data swamp.”
So, as a follow on to my last blog ( Partners’ Get-Started-Kit with Oracle Big Data and Analytics ), let’s now explore how you can help your clients to better govern and manage a cost effective data lake that delivers additional value to their data warehouse.
Oracle has expanded its Oracle Data Integration portfolio with the addition of Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c, a comprehensive platform that helps reduce compliance risks and ensure the success of governance programs within organizations by providing much-needed business and data transparency (read the Press Release). Together with Oracle Enterprise Data Quality, Oracle Big Data SQL, and Oracle Database security you can manage and control all aspects of big data stewardship, lifecycle management, data protection, auditing, security, and compliance.
To find out more, start with these two webcasts:
Data Quality and Metadata Management for Big Data Governance webcast:
- Understand how data governance can be applied to big data
- Explore new Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management technology
- Learn how data quality is integral to any data governance initiative
- Keep big data reservoirs accurate and real-time using Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle GoldenGate
- Leverage Hadoop and Data Integration technologies across heterogeneous environments
- Implement best practices using big data reservoirs to unlock the most value from your enterprise big data
Then try the Tutorial @ Tame Big Data with Oracle Data Integration
And Download a full version of Oracle Enterprise Metadata Management 12c software and documentation.