Oracle OLAP can provide exceptional query performance for analytic queries on an Exadata Database Machine.
Share this Oracle OLAP on Exadata White Paper with your customers
This paper describes a performance demonstration of the OLAP Option to the Oracle Database running on an X2-2 Exadata Database Machine half rack. It shows how Oracle OLAP cubes can be used to enhance the performance and analytic content of the data warehouse and business intelligence solutions, supporting a demanding user community with ultra-fast query and rich analytic content.
The demonstration represents users of a business intelligence application using SQL to query an Oracle OLAP cube that has been enhanced with a variety of analytic measures. The cube contains data loaded from a fact table with more than 1 billion rows.
Utilizing Exadata features such as Smart Flash Cache, Oracle Database supported a community of 50 concurrent users querying the cube with queries that are typical of those executed from a business intelligence tool such as Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
- 1 billion row fact table as source to Oracle cube
- 4,000 randomly generated analytic queries
- 50 concurrent users with no wait time between queries
- Median query performance of .49 seconds
- Average query performance of 1.54 seconds
- 95% of queries returned in 3.5 seconds or less
- Share this paper with your Exadata customers and prospects to demonstrate how Oracle OLAP exploits Exadata capabilities to make business intelligence applications smarter and faster.
Oracle OLAP is a key component of the Oracle Data Warehousing platform - delivering a world class multidimensional analytic engine that is embedded inside the Oracle Database. Oracle OLAP delivers three key benefits: rich in-database analytics, speed of thought performance and simplicity of deployment.
For more information on the Oracle OLAP Option, Oracle cubes and cube-organized materialized views: