Monday Jul 22, 2013
Thursday Jun 27, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Jun 27, 2013
In Sweden and in Saudi Arabia there will be the next set of hands-on advanced Exalytics, Endeca and OBI Training workshops for Partners: partners from any country may attend these.
These are free of charge to OPN Specialised member partners, but are subject to availability (please do not attend unless you have received a confirmation from Oracle to do so). Check the workshop agendas and pre-requisites, and register from the links below:
Exalytics and Business Intelligence Hands-on Workshop (3-days)
Endeca Information Discovery Hands-on Workshop (3-days)
Advanced Oracle Business Intelligence Hands-on Workshop (3-days)
Wednesday Jun 26, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Jun 26, 2013
This Oracle Business Intelligence Linux VM virtual appliance (“BIC2g”) was developed to support Oracle OBI & BI-Apps sales and Oracle partners in product demonstrations, training activities and POC activities. It is now available through our BIC2g Beehive Online Workspace portal (see the deployment guide and “BIC2g 2013-04 Partner Edition Readme” pdf from the link below) and is available for OPN member partners.
This BIC2g image is based on OBIEE v. 188.8.131.52. with Essbase and Essbase Studio Server started when starting BI. It also contains:
- Updated BI-Apps Cross Functional Demo (date advanced from 2011 to 2013), including DAC 184.108.40.206.4, Informatica 9.0.1 and is configured for a load against EBS R12. Both the 220.127.116.11 rpd/catalog and the 18.104.22.168 rpd/catalog versions of BI-Apps are provided.
- Updated integrated Essbase - BI Apps - EBS Demo (date advanced from 2009 to 2013.
- Re-configured BI Apps Data Sets to remove VPD (simplification) and greatly improved performance.
- Hyperion EPM 22.214.171.124.0
- Endeca 3.0
The access details are shown from this page @ BI Solutions Engineering Partner Portal.
Thursday May 09, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on May 09, 2013
Partner may work with their clients to submit a nomination for the “Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards”, in the “Business Analytics (Oracle BI, Oracle EPM, and Oracle Exalytics)” category.
The awards will be presented during Oracle OpenWorld 2013 (September 22-September 26) in San Francisco. Winners are selected based on the uniqueness of their business case, business benefits, level of impact relative to the size of the organization, complexity and magnitude of implementation, and the originality of architecture.
Nomination Criteria and Instructions
· Nomination deadline: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 at 5pm Pacific Time
· This solution should be in production or in active development
· To submit a nomination, please send an email (to: Innovation-Middleware_us@oracle.com) attaching the supplied form for Business Analytics (Oracle BI, Oracle EPM, and Oracle Exalytics) with as much detail as possible. Please do not leave any information blank.
Winners will be notified on the week of August 5th 2013.
Benefit to Award Winners
· A complimentary pass to Oracle OpenWorld 2013 in San Francisco
· An Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation trophy
· Consideration for placement in an Oracle press release
· Consideration for placement in Profit magazine and/or Oracle Magazine
· Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation logo for inclusion on your own Website and/or press release
For more information Click here
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on May 09, 2013
There are a series of specialised partner only Technical Training Workshops in June:
1. Learn the latest news about Hyperion (v 126.96.36.199) and Hyperion on the cloud in a one-day Hyperion session - 12th June, 2013
2. Follow-on 2-day technical Hyperion (v 188.8.131.52) workshop - 13th through to 14th June, 2013
3. Specialist technical workshop for Exalytics (3-days) - 12th through to 14th June, 2013
4. Specialist deep-dive technical workshop on Times-Ten for Exalytics (2-days) - 13th through to 14th June, 2013
5. Technical training workshop for Endeca Information Discovery (3-days) - 12th through to 14th June, 2013
These technical workshops are within the overall agenda of this year’s Oracle Business Analytics EMEA Partner Community Forum 2013 in Milan, Italy: so you can also come along to the June 11th plenary Forum day, and the Business Intelligence breakout session.
To register for any of these workshops, go to this REGISTER NOW link, and when you click the “Register Now!” button, you can fill out the questionnaire to specify which workshops you will attend.
Dates: Forum on 11th June, with Workshops starting on 12th through to 14th June, 2013
Place: Milan Italy - Partners from all countries are welcome to attend.
Wednesday Apr 24, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Apr 24, 2013
11th June - 14th June, 2013 in Milan, Italy - Partners from all countries are welcome to attend.
Let’s get ready for the up-turn. The market buzz is around “Big Data”, “Cloud & SaaS”, “in-memory” and “Customer Experience”. So, who has the priority budget in 2013? We need to “sell” to the CFO and to the Marketing, Sales and Service Directors....
At this year’s EMEA Partner Forum we have sessions from our global product development team (Rich Clayton will do the keynote), and many partners presenting their experiences, including Accenture, Deloitte, Tech Edge, iConsulting, RealDecoy, Rittman-Mead, and Aorta.
We are going through a busy time for new version releases, so come along to learn the latest news about Hyperion (v 184.108.40.206) and Hyperion on the cloud in the detailed second day Hyperion breakout, and the follow-on 2-day technical session.
Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI) v 220.127.116.11, and Endeca v3 have also just been released and the new Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) based BI-Applications v11 is due soon: more on these in the second day Business Intelligence breakout.
We also have three specialist deep-dive technical workshops covering, Exalytics (3-days), Endeca (3-days and Times-Ten for Exalytics (2-days) as optional parts of this Forum.For details on the agenda and multi-day breakout sessions see the REGISTER NOW link and download here the Agenda.pdf
This event should appeal to BI or EPM specialised Partners, Executives, Sales, Pre-sales and Solution consultants: with a choice of participation in the plenary day and then a set of special interest sessions. The follow-on breakout sessions on the 12th, 13th and 14th June provide deeper dives and technical training for those of you who wish to stay for intensive sales, pre-sales and hands-on workshops.
Keynote: Rich Clayton, VP Business Analytics Strategy
Hot agenda items will include:
- · 21st Century Business Analytics
- · The 21st Century CFO
- · Driving Profitability through Customer Experience
- · Exalytics Case Studies
Place: Cosmo Hotel Palace Via De Sanctis, 5 - 20092 Cinisello Balsamo
Dates: 11th June - 14th June, 2013
You can find out more information about the conference hotel venue at Cosmo Hotel Palace, Milan.
During this event you can learn about partner success stories, participate in an array of break-out sessions, exchange information with other partners and enjoy a vibrant discussion.
Places are limited, so for more information on agenda and hotel logistics, please REGISTER NOW
Note: There is no registration fee for OPN member partners for the conference which includes the plenary day, gala dinner, as well as any of the deeper dives and technical training, but you will be responsible for your own travel and hotel expenses.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Alexandra von Sondern
Wednesday Apr 03, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Apr 03, 2013
Are you interested in accessing the Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID) hosted demo system? Now available for partners who are specialized or who are on track for OEID specialization, this demo system allows you to easily demonstrate Endeca Discovery. The system includes five different demos with scripts. Partners who have completed the sales and presales Guided Learning Paths and the corresponding assessment exams may qualify for access. Because space may become limited for this system, partners who have completed all exams, including the OEID implementation exam and have applied for OIED specialization will be given first access.
To submit a request for access to the Oracle Endeca Information Discovery hosted demo system or to request more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org providing:
- Subject line: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery hosted demo system request
- Your complete contact information: Name, Company Name, Email and Partner Number
- Your Region (i.e., North America, Europe/Middle East, Asia Pac, Latin America, Japan):
- Your Company’s OPN Program Level (i.e., Diamond, Platinum, Gold, Silver):
- Your Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Specialization status (which specialization, sales or presales that have been achieved or current status towards specialization)
can also download some of the demo datasets from our
- Use the FTP account to log into ftp.oracle.com
- The demos are in /static/DEMOS/ENDECA_DEMO_DATASETS.
- The FTP Access password details are at the bottom of this page which is changed & updated regularly: http://www.oracle.com/partners/secure/engage-with-oracle/product-focus/029691.htm
Also check out these new assets:
Monday Mar 25, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Mar 25, 2013
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 and Oracle Endeca Server 7.5 are now available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud (eDelivery @ https://edelivery.oracle.com/ ).
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID) includes Endeca Information Discovery Studio, for end-user discovery and creation of discovery applications, and Endeca Information Discovery Integrator, for ingesting data into Endeca Server and discovery applications.
Enhanced End-User Discovery Experience
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID) Studio 3.0 comes with a completely refreshed look and feel. Discovery applications are cleaner looking and more powerful than ever to maximize the discovery experience.
Improved Business Self-Service Capabilities
- Without IT assistance, business users can upload Excel files to create personal discovery applications. Also build discovery applications on curated data sets already provisioned by IT.
- Encourage collaboration by allowing discovery applications built both by business users and IT to be viewed and shared with appropriate security rights.
- Improved information management capabilities, including an enhanced View Manager to make it easier for business users to create applications based on centrally defined data and metadata definitions.
- OEID Studio 3.0 is translated and localized for 10 languages. Oracle Endeca Server 7.5 now supports data in 22 languages.
A Robust Data Discovery Platform for the Enterprise
- OEID 3.0 is more tightly integrated with Oracle BI for more confidence in your data. Use OEID Integrator 3.0 to connect to Oracle BI Server as a data source and spin up a new discovery application in minutes. Use the new wizard to select subject areas, tables and metadata from Oracle BI Server allowing complete alignment between Oracle BI and OEID discovery applications.
- OEID Integrator 3.0 enhances social media and unstructured data capabilities, with a native JSON reader, new HTTP connector with OAuth support (for accessing common web service based APIs), and better Text Enrichment and Sentiment accuracy on short form text (e.g., Twitter).
- Deploy on WebLogic 11gR1.
- Even more powerful analytics due to many new EQL enhancements including 17 new functions and improvements to many existing functions.
Monday Mar 18, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Mar 18, 2013
Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) has incorporated Endeca technology to extend the ERP’s value to make stronger and more profitable decisions. Endeca Information Discovery is a comprehensive technology platform to store, manage and process data for searching and analyzing structured and unstructured information together.
EBS users now have access to millions of records of information in real time so they can see more and act faster to business challenges through:
- Transactional/operational KPIs that provide a complete picture across organizations
- More productive and interactive user experience:
- Complete data view across modules and organizations
- Visualization of KPIs and exceptions
- Google-like search results across organizations and company-specific data items
- Guided navigation for faster answers
- Integrated out of box with E-Business Suite modules, fast to deploy, lowering cost of ownership
- For a quick overview for the different extensions, here is the Youtube link: EBS Endeca Applications: Introduction & http://www.youtube.com/user/OracleEBSdemos/featured
Join us for a FREE to OPN Partners Hands-on-Training event that will help you:
- Understand the value proposition of Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca
- Learn about the EBS-Endeca integration, data synchronization, security setup
- Learn about EBS-Endeca setup and configuration
- Learn how to design and customize the EBS-Endeca UI using Endeca design tools
- (Click Here for Full Agenda)
This is a must for anyone who is involved in implementing, configuring, installing and customizing Oracle E-Business Suite Extensions for Oracle Endeca.
Register today as places are very limited, using the links below appropriately:
1. Oracle Partner Registration Link: Click HERE
Class location : Oracle Romania Office
Calea Floreasca 169A, 1st Floor, Room CVC5
Floreasca Business Park, District 1
Phone:+40 21 367 8700
Dates: 16 - 17 April 2013 Time: 08:00 - 17:00
Thursday Mar 14, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Mar 14, 2013
“Customer Experience” is the other (hype) term I keep hearing everywhere these days, so here are just a few pointers to some of the interesting stuff Oracle is doing in this area and how it relates to our world of analytics.
It seems as if everyone is talking about the critical nature of measuring the effectiveness and return-on-investment of social media. Brands need to know exactly which specific data is available from Facebook, and all the other the other “social” media out there on the internet, how it can be used, and what it can deliver. So here is a short but sweet article on How Brands Can Optimize Social Strategies with Analytics.
“If you have 100,000 fans but all you know about them is that they appear to like your brand, you might be in trouble. Extracting data out of your social media efforts and analyzing it helps you pin down who cares about your brand, how they are interacting with your brand through Facebook, and how to get fans to not just like but love your brand. Analytics is the way to understand what drives your fans so they can move from passive likes to active engagement.”
Oracle acquired Vitrue in 2012 and this has injected a strong component into our overall CX (Customer Experience) story, e.g. see for example:
- Oracle Social Engagement & Monitoring Cloud Service
- Oracle Customer Experience
- Oracle Real-Time Decisions
And then we have Endeca Discovery, which also plays in this world, and adds even more value by letting you combine this “Social” data and text from external sources (such as from DataSift), with any information internally sourced from within an organisation (e.g. from ERP, CRM and other systems). This combining of both internal and external data is where Endeca’s unique model-free analytics and text linking capabilities work their magic to deliver such powerful insights to Marketing, Sales, and Service professionals.
Friday Feb 22, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Feb 22, 2013
Oracle is a Leader in the recently published Gartner Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management Suites, 2013. Oracle is ranked ahead of all the other vendors in the Leaders Quadrant on both the Ability to Execute and Completeness of Vision Axes.
Oracle also remains as a Leader in the recently published Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms, 2013. Oracle has maintained its standing as a leader, in part, from continued customer validation as having the largest average customer deployment, standardization on OBIEE and Exalytics and, the product vision of Endeca OEID.
To download any of these analyst reports see the latest available reprints here.
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE / DATA WAREHOUSING
- Gartner, Hunting and Harvesting in a Digital World: The 2013 CIO Agenda (Publication: January 2013)
- Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms (Publication: February 2013)
- Ovum, Ovum Decision Matrix: Business Intelligence and Analytics for Telcos ((Publication: January 2013) Oracle is a "Market Leader". "Oracle scores highest on enabling Telcos to achieve a 360-degree view of the customer and operations."
CORPORATE PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT (EPM - Hyperion)
BIG DATA AND ANALYTICS
- Gartner, Big Data Challenges for the IT Infrastructure Team (Publication: February 2012)
- Gartner, "Big Data" and Content Will Challenge IT Across The Board (Publication: February 2012)
- Winter Corporation, Big Data: Business Opportunities, Requirements, and Oracle's Approach
Thursday Feb 21, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Feb 21, 2013
This is essential reading for all Oracle Analytics partners, and something you can share with your customers. Here is the latest February 2013 version of the “Information Management and Big Data Reference Architecture” Oracle White Paper from our Doug Cackett and Andrew Bond.
“In our original white paper on Information Management Reference Architecture we described how information was at the heart of every successful, profitable and transparent business in the world – something that’s as true today as it was then.
What has changed in the last few years is the emergence of “Big Data”, both as a means of managing the vast volumes of unstructured and semi-structured data stored but not exploited in many organizations, as well as the potential to tap into new sources of insight such as social-media web sites to gain a market edge.
There is a pressing need for organizations to align analytical and execution capabilities with ‘Big Data’ in order to fully benefit from the additional insight that can be gained. Received wisdom suggests that more than 80% of current IT budgets is consumed just keeping the lights on rather than enabling business to innovate or differentiate themselves in the market. Economic realities are squeezing budgets still further. For organizations looking to add some element of Big Data to their IT portfolio, they will need to do so in a way that complements existing solutions and does not add to the cost burden in years to come.”
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Feb 21, 2013
Many partners are still asking me about Endeca training and how to get started quickly with this fantastic product. The most simple way is to help yourselves by downloading the software, and going through this very good set of introduction tutorials step by step. You only need a laptop to install Endeca on (although this does need to be 64-bit and best with ~ 8Gb Ram). Version 2.4 of Endeca OID is now out.
See it in action on YouTube "Getting Started with Endeca Information Discovery v2.3" @ http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF23635ACA47F1E6D&feature=plcp
To download the software for Windows 64 or Linux 64, select Product Pack "Oracle Endeca", @ https://edelivery.oracle.com/
If you are still looking for the “sales story” on why Endeca is causing so much excitement in the market, then check these quick-plays here at Great new Million Dollar Question videos for ENDECA.
And for your next step, look at the "Guided Learning Path" with training courses offered by specialist Partner Aorta here at "Endeca".
Thursday Jan 31, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Jan 31, 2013
Below are some of the Live Virtual Bootcamps for BI Partners scheduled in Feb 2013. The cost to attend includes the voucher to cover the cost of the associated OPN Implementation Specialist Exam: to be taken within 6 weeks of completing the training.
Feb. 18th - 22nd 2013
9 - 5 EST
OBI 11g Foundation
Feb. 18th - 22nd 2013
9 - 5 IST
Endeca Info Discover
Feb. 11th -13th 2013
9 - 5 CET
Oracle Golden Gate
Feb. 18th - 21st 2013
9 - 5 EST
Friday Jan 25, 2013
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Jan 25, 2013
Seminar für vertriebliche Mitarbeiter, Referent: Björn Ständer
Oracle Business Analytics Sales Briefing in GERMAN language for Sales people within Oracle Partners,
speaker : Björn Ständer – Oracle BI Business Development Manager.
Die Teilnahme ist ausschließlich
Oracle Partnern mit einer gültigen Oracle PartnerNetwork Mitgliedschaft
vorbehalten, und unter Beachtung der aktuellen Teilnahmebedingungen,
Die Schwerpunkte des Trainings sind die Positionierung von Oracle BI und BI-Applications, Update zu Oracle BI Foundation Suite for Exalytics In-Memory BI und Endeca Information Discovery.
Folgende Themen stehen dabei im Mittelpunkt:
- Diskussion von Business Cases für
- Exalytics In-Memory Business Intelligence
- Endeca Information Discovery
- Wettbewerbsvorteile Oracle Business Intelligence
Nutzen Sie die Chance sich aus erster Hand über die Oracle BI Strategie zu informieren und Ihre Fragen mit unseren Experten zu diskutieren. Melden Sie sich jetzt zu dieser kostenfreien Veranstaltung an.
- IDC Big Data in the Enterprise: When Worlds Collide
- Get OPN Specialized in Business Intelligence & Hyperion EPM
- BI&EPM in Focus April 2014
- Introducing Mobile App for Oracle EPM
- OBI11g and BI-Apps Partner Training Bootcamps
- Simply, Optimize and Innovate with Oracle Business Analytics
- Oracle is #1 in 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant for CPM Suites
- Real-Time Decision (RTD) Management Solutions
- Live Virtual Class for Implementation of OBI Applications 11g using ODI
- BI&EPM in Focus March 2014
Blogs for EMEA Partners
Partner Events in EMEA
Connect and Network
- /Community Events
- /Community News
- /Demonstration Tools
- /Market News
- /Oracle News
- /Oracle OpenWorld
- /Partner Training
- /Product News