By Mike.Hallett-Oracle on Jan 02, 2015
The single most frequent question I am asked about Big Data, is “Where is the Business Value?” : and of course there is no single answer.
So, to help address this question, below I highlight a few Big Data Case Studies that have caught my eye, which hopefully give you some ammunition for lighting up some ideas and innovation with your clients by showing by example that there is much value to be had in many applications of Big Data and Analytics techniques across many industries.
- Banking: Accenture & Oracle Help CaixaBank Succeed with Big Data (3 minute video)
- Media: De Persgroep Uses NGData Lily and Oracle Big Data Appliance (3 minute video)
- StubHub's Data Scientists reap benefits of integrated approach (3 minute video)
- StubHub Taps into Big Data for Insight into Millions of Customers’ Ticket-Buying Patterns, Fraud Detection, and Optimized Ticket Prices (article)
- Retail: dunnhumby Delivers for Its Clients with Big Data (3 minute video)
- CPG: With Big Data, Procter & Gamble Gains Insights for Quicker, Smarter Business Decisions (article)
- Telcoms: Globacom Saves Over 35,000 Call-Processing Minutes Daily and Improves Data for Decision-Making and Customer Service deploying Oracle partner mCentric’s xDR Navigator (article)
- High Tech: BAE Systems Choose Big Data Appliance for Critical Projects (3 minute video)
- Energy: Southwestern
Energy optimises Oil & Gas production with Big Data (4