Try the OBI Mobile app on your iPad from our Publicly Accessible site
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Dec 05, 2011
Try out the OBI Mobile app for yourself on your iPad from our live Publicly Accessible OBI server host. You can also get your customers to try this too by getting them to "Register" for this demo.
Please follow the instructions below to configure the Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile app on your iOS device, iPhone or iPad.
- Search for “Oracle BI” on the iPad “App Store”: and install the “Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile” app. You can also see this on itunes.apple.com here at http://bit.ly/BIMobitunes.
- Launch the app on your iPad
- Accept the terms and conditions. You will then need to setup your connection. Touch the + icon to “Add Server”.
- Fill in the information as shown below then touch the “Save” button on the top right:
- Name “Oracle BI Demo”
- Host “aosdemeamt07.oracle.com”
- Port “7779”
- User “ipad_user1”
- To get the password, you need to "Register" for this demo. On the registration acknowledgement screen, you can then download the .pdf from the "please read these configuration instructions." link, in which is revealed the password.
- … and other settings as in the screenshot to the left.
- You should now have the “Oracle BI Demo” entry with a green tick indicating that it is the default connection. Now touch the “Login” button.
- With a successful connection the app will perform a one-time download to setup that particular server.
- Next you’ll be shown the “Favourites” on your mobile from which you can select to view the reports and dashboards that comprise the demonstrations available; currently the “3.50 Mobility Brand Analysis” dashboards.
- After selecting the “3.50 Mobility Brand Analysis”, you can explore the dashboard using typical iPad gestures, changing the drop-down selections, and moving to other dashboards by selecting from the drop-down near the top labelled “Brand Analysis”.
Demo walk through suggestion
Watch a YouTube video and then follow along using the same dashboards and reports on your device. The live mobile demonstration matches the video @ Oracle BI Mobility demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdbazqdXBeE .