Small Steps to Big Data BI&EPM Partner Community Forum January 2014
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Nov 26, 2013
Open to all OPN partners in EMEA, we are running the Business Analytics Partner Community Forum over two days in London, on 16th and 17th January 2014 - Register Now Here.
This forum entitled “Small Steps to Big Data” will focus on discussing with Partners, how best to exploit the tremendous interest in “Big Data Analytics” and to clarify under what circumstances “R” and “Hadoop” are best deployed, and how these co-exist, integrate with, and extend the capabilities of tools you are already familiar with such as Oracle BI, ODI, Endeca and the Oracle Database. We will consider guidelines to hardware deployments, but the main focus of the forum will be how the software inter-operates: with guest speakers from Cloudera, and other partners who have experience in this field.
On the one hand, I do not think “Big Data=Hadoop”. While on the other, Oracle whole-heartedly embraces useful Open Source innovations such as “R” and “Hadoop”: we are, after all, a big player in Open Source with for example JAVA, NoSql and MySql.
You can download the agenda here. We will seek to answer questions such as:
· How Big is “Big” ? ... at what size is Hadoop’s MPP approach beneficial ?
· What about “Variety” ? ... how do we digest “Any Data” ?
· Who uses this analytics ? ... a few “Data Scientists” or 100s of “Business Users” ?
· How do you spot a “Big Data Analytics” opportunity ?
· If someone is already using Hadoop, do they want to talk to Oracle ?
· What is NEW, and what is Business-as-Usual ?
Audience: This forum will appeal to CTOs, Solution architects and consultants in Oracle Partners familiar with Oracle’s Business Analytics solutions. We will examine the economics and business cases driving “Big Data Analytics” projects, and dive into the pros-and-cons of technology options available to your customers.
· Day 1 – Thursday 16th Jan. 2014: Starts 11.0 am – Sales and Executive briefing.
o Networking Dinner in Evening
· Day 2 – Friday 17th Jan. 2014: Ends 4.0 pm – Deeper dive technical discussions.