Oracle Endeca "Getting Started" Partner Guide
By Grant Schofield on Mar 27, 2012
For partners looking for a concise step by step guide to getting started with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery, here it is to help you get started as quickly as possible.
- Step 1: Join the Knowledge Zone as a company and an individual - this will give you a) the right to resell Oracle Endeca ID, and b) notice of any free / subsidised training events in your region
- Step 2: For a quick general overview & positioning see the following article, in particular the Agile BI Video series which are useful in sharing with prospective clients. Also find a link to the official OEID Data Sheet.
- Step 3: For a more detailed overview there is a live recorded OEID partner webcast with downloadable slides. In conjunction with this, your sales / presales team have free access to the official OEID Partner Playbook as well as the full Oracle price book.
- Step 4: Download the OEID software and install. Please be aware you will need a 64-bit machine & a 64-bit Operating System. A useful solution for partners that have a 32-bit Operating System is to use Oracle's free VirtualBox software to quickly and easily create a Linux image and install on that.
- Step 5: Get started building a first application using the YouTube channel as well as resources on is Endeca123.com
- Attend a free / subsidised training event in your region (keep an eye on the blog for updates + join Knowledge Zone as an Individual (opt in) to be informed of these.
Things are moving fast, so please be aware that the team are working hard to produce more and more material such as downloadable data sets (structured / unstructured), a downloadable image, access to demos, and over the next few weeks we will update this article as soon as new material becomes available!