Oracle Database In-Memory
By Mike.Hallett-Oracle on Jun 12, 2014
Larry Ellison unveiled the next major milestone in database technology, Oracle Database In-Memory, on June 10, 2014.
Oracle Database In-Memory will be generally available in July 2014 and can be used with all hardware platforms on which Oracle Database 12c is supported.
- This option will accelerate database performance by orders of magnitude for analytics, data warehousing, and reporting while also speeding up online transaction processing (OLTP).
- It allows any existing Oracle Database-compatible application to automatically and transparently take advantage of columnar in-memory processing, without additional programming or application changes.
- Fast ad-hoc analytics without the need to pre-create indexes
- Completely transparent to existing applications
- Faster mixed workload OLTP
- No database size limit
- Industrial strength availability and security
- Robustness and maturity of Oracle Database 12c
To find out more see
- Oracle Database In-Memory
- Read the Press Release
- Comment from Rittman Mead on Oracle In-Memory Option Launch
... and I will let you know how this unfolds in regards to advantages for OBI11g and Exalytics and Big Data over the coming months.