New Version 3.1 Endeca Information Discovery Now Available
By Mike.Hallett-Oracle on Nov 08, 2013
Business User Self-Service Data Mash-up Analysis and Discovery
integrated with OBI11g and Hadoop
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.1 (OEID) is a major release that incorporates significant new self-service discovery capabilities for business users, including agile data mashup, extended support for unstructured analytics, and an even tighter integration with Oracle BI.
· Self-Service Data Mashup and Discovery Dashboards: business users can combine information from multiple sources, including their own up-loaded spreadsheets, to conduct analysis on the complete set. Creating discovery dashboards has been made even easier by intuitive drag-and drop layouts and wizard-based configuration. Business users can now build new discovery applications in minutes, without depending on IT.
· Enhanced Integration with Oracle BI: OEID 3.1 enhances its’ native integration with Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation. Business users can now incorporate information from trusted BI warehouses, leveraging dimensions and attributes defined in Oracle’s Common Enterprise Information Model, but evolve them based on the varying day-to-day demands and requirements that they personally manage.
· Deep Unstructured Analysis: business users can gain new insights from a wide variety of enterprise and public sources, helping companies to build an actionable Big Data strategy. With OEID’s long-standing differentiation in correlating unstructured information with structured data, business users can now perform their own text mining to identify hidden concepts, without having to request support from IT. They can augment these insights with best in class keyword search and pattern matching, all in the context of rich, interactive visualizations and analytic summaries.
· Enterprise-Class Self-Service Discovery: OEID 3.1 enables IT to provide a powerful self-service platform to the business as part of a broader Business Analytics strategy, preserving the value of existing investments in data quality, governance, and security. Business users can take advantage of IT-curated information to drive discovery across high volumes and varieties of data, and share insights with colleagues at a moment’s notice.
· Harvest Content from the Web with the Endeca Web Acquisition Toolkit: Oracle now provides best-of-breed data access to website content through the Oracle Endeca Web Acquisition Toolkit. This provides an agile, graphical interface for developers to rapidly access and integrate any information exposed through a web front-end. Organizations can now cost-effectively include content from consumer sites, industry forums, government or supplier portals, cloud applications, and myriad other web sources as part of their overall strategy for data discovery and unstructured analytics.
For more information:
- See the Endeca 3.1 release partner briefing and demo webcast replay here.
- OEID 3.1 OTN Software and Documentation Download
- And Endeca available for download on Software Delivery Cloud (eDelivery)
- New OEID 3.1 Videos on YouTube
- Oracle.com Endeca Site