How To Get OPN “Specialized” - Business Intelligence & Hyperion
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Sep 21, 2011
In 2012 it is imperative that you get you and your company recognised and branded as an “Oracle BI / EPM Specialized Partner”. This will bring more business to you.
For implementation specialist consultants from Oracle partners, we have proctored (supervised) exams for OBIEE, Essbase, Hyperion and BI-Apps. These are high-stakes exams and therefore only delivered with an invigilating proctor. These exams are offered at Pearson VUE testing centres and some Oracle University training locations, which are located in many EMEA major cities: see the links below for more details.
To get certified as Specialized, check the Business and Competency Criteria for each specialization area and take the Assessment Tests:
- Business Intelligence Foundation - Business and Competency Criteria
- Oracle BI Applications for ERP & CRM - Business and Competency Criteria
- Hyperion Planning - Business and Competency Criteria
- Hyperion Financial Management - Business and Competency Criteria
- Oracle Essbase - Business and Competency Criteria
For EXAMPLE: OBI for Implementation Specialists Exam
- You may register for Oracle certification exams with Pearson VUE here .
- On the Pearson VUE page click “MY ACCOUNT” – register and / or login
- Then “SCHEDULE A TEST”;selecting the exam “1Z0-526-ENU: "Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation 10.1.3 Essentials”, and schedule a place and date to do this.
- Or for BI-Apps, choose : “Oracle Business Intelligence Applications 7.9.6 for ERP Essentials” (1Z0-525-ENU)
You need to supply the following information when registering:
- your company’s OPN Candidate ID number,
- your business/company email address,
- your company’s name.
please refer to the downloadable .pdf online instructions, describing how to manage to have your:
- Company ID included into your personal Pearson Vue profile
- Oracle.com account mapped with your Pearson Vue account (Certview)
If you do not know your company’s OPN Company ID number you can obtain this ID by contacting your local Oracle Partner Business Centre.
NOTE – this is a test on the 10g version of OBI, so you do not need to know 11g capabilities. There is no 11g test yet, and you should take this 10g test now. This 10g test will certify you for 12 months, and you should anticipate taking the 11g exam in a year’s time. If you need to revise and catch up on the OBI 10g training, the course material is available to download at these URL links:
And you can check the questions and Exam Topics that will be asked in the exam in the study guides below.
Similarly you can also register for the Hyperion certification exams with Pearson VUE - here.
- 1Z0-532-ENU Oracle Hyperion Financial Management 11 Essentials
- 1Z0-533-ENU Oracle Hyperion Planning 11 Essentials
- 1Z0-531-ENU Oracle Essbase 11 Essentials
OPN CERTIFIED SPECIALIST EXAM STUDY GUIDES FOR OBI FOUNDATION
The Certified Specialist Exam Study Guides are designed to highlight the training options mapped to each exam topic to guide students in their preparation to pass Oracle exams. Oracle Partners passing any of the below exams will be recognized as OPN Certified Specialists and gain credentials towards Oracle’s Specialization program.
Business Intelligence Study Guides
Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation
Business Intelligence Applications