FY15 BI Modernisation Sales Campaign
By Mike.Hallett-Oracle on Jul 09, 2014
Oracle partners have a great opportunity to help their customers to modernise their reporting systems. We propose you work with your clients and engage to help them on this journey to migrate or re-implement their analytic reporting and dashboard needs using our modern strategic BI Foundation Suite tools such as OBI, Essbase, BI-Publisher, Mobile-BI and Scorecards.
Some customers still use older Oracle reporting software tools, such as Discoverer, Oracle-Reports, and Hyperion-Interactive-Reporting (as was BRIO), as well as legacy products from other suppliers. These customers are missing out on the value of the Oracle R&D investment of recent years in Oracle’s strategic BI products. Also, with the rise of Big Data, In-memory Analytics, Cloud and Mobile, the world has changed since customers purchased these older solutions: they need a modern BI technology that can help them meet the challenges of this new world.
If customers retire the older systems, then they can save on higher administration and maintenance costs and support fees, which can be invested in a modern solution delivering much more value to the business.
Tools and Resources for Partners
See on Oracle.com the materials for Better Decisions and Better Productivity.
The following conversion tools are available:
- Oracle Report to BI Publisher Conversion Assistant
- Actuate Report to BI Publisher Conversion Assistant
- And the following white paper describes a step by step approach on how to convert a Crystal Report to BIP
Please find the documentation on downloading and using the above tools @ the BI Publisher OTN page.
For the full Oracle BI Foundation Suite, you can download this excellent in-depth Technical White Paper.
- Plus for a straight-forward explanation of why a customer should want to modernise their reporting, and what they could achieve, see @ Simply, Optimize and Innovate with Oracle Business Analytics.
- And to find out more about the value to customers and partners from BI Modernization, Replay this Webinar.
- See here for guidance on Migrating Oracle Business Intelligence Discoverer Metadata to Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition and a commentary from a partner (KPI) @ Exploring The Migration Options [Support For Oracle Discoverer Is Ending...]
You might like to see, as an example, how Oracle Consulting positions its services at:
- our Oracle Migration Factory Homepage, and the 3-minute video overview
- and @ The Consulting Services Resources Library – see the section on “Enterprise Performance Management and Business Intelligence Data Sheets”
You might also like to check our current Oracle Lifetime Support Policies, and specifically the Lifetime Support Policy: Oracle Fusion Middleware Products (PDF).
For some specific areas of modernisation see for example these short explanations @