Exalytics lowers the Operational Cost of Infrastructure for Business Analytics
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on May 01, 2013
It is natural that when evaluating Exalytics and planning for its adoption, organisations want to be sure that they can manage it effectively on a day to day basis in the context of their existing skill sets and organisational structures. As well as radically increased performance and capacity, a significant result of architectural simplification is that Exalytics can be much simpler to manage, thus offering the potential for more agile and lower cost administration. The white papers below provide examples of simplified administration and explain how these benefits can be maximised by considering 4 key questions;
- Is Exalytics the same as standard Oracle hardware and software?
- People. What impact, if any, might Exalytics have on application server support organisations?
- Process. What tasks does the Exalytics support organisation need to be able to address?
- Technology. What are the primary tools recommended to manage Exalytics systems?
To assist Partners, I.T. managers and senior executives, who are evaluating or planning for Exalytics deployments, to understand how to manage it as efficiently as possible and how it can fit into their support organisations and processes we have produced a white paper (Part1 below). More details of best practise for administration tasks are then also provided in the companion white paper, Managing Oracle Engineered Systems – Exalytics: Part 2 Administration Tasks and Tools.
- You can download these white papers from our BI & EPM Partner community Oracle fileshare...
- You will need your normal Oracle logon to do this.... (if you are already registered for this OPN Specialist fileshare).
- To get registered for this OPN Specialist fileshare, you need to be a current OPN member BI/EPM Specialist, and then to email to me your Oracle logon Userid (usually your corporate email id), so I can grant you access to it.