Endeca Information Discovery Version Release 3.0
By Mike.Hallett-Oracle on Mar 25, 2013
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 and Oracle Endeca Server 7.5 are now available on Oracle Software Delivery Cloud (eDelivery @ https://edelivery.oracle.com/ ).
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID) includes Endeca Information Discovery Studio, for end-user discovery and creation of discovery applications, and Endeca Information Discovery Integrator, for ingesting data into Endeca Server and discovery applications.
Enhanced End-User Discovery Experience
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (OEID) Studio 3.0 comes with a completely refreshed look and feel. Discovery applications are cleaner looking and more powerful than ever to maximize the discovery experience.
Improved Business Self-Service Capabilities
- Without IT assistance, business users can upload Excel files to create personal discovery applications. Also build discovery applications on curated data sets already provisioned by IT.
- Encourage collaboration by allowing discovery applications built both by business users and IT to be viewed and shared with appropriate security rights.
- Improved information management capabilities, including an enhanced View Manager to make it easier for business users to create applications based on centrally defined data and metadata definitions.
- OEID Studio 3.0 is translated and localized for 10 languages. Oracle Endeca Server 7.5 now supports data in 22 languages.
A Robust Data Discovery Platform for the Enterprise
- OEID 3.0 is more tightly integrated with Oracle BI for more confidence in your data. Use OEID Integrator 3.0 to connect to Oracle BI Server as a data source and spin up a new discovery application in minutes. Use the new wizard to select subject areas, tables and metadata from Oracle BI Server allowing complete alignment between Oracle BI and OEID discovery applications.
- OEID Integrator 3.0 enhances social media and unstructured data capabilities, with a native JSON reader, new HTTP connector with OAuth support (for accessing common web service based APIs), and better Text Enrichment and Sentiment accuracy on short form text (e.g., Twitter).
- Deploy on WebLogic 11gR1.
- Even more powerful analytics due to many new EQL enhancements including 17 new functions and improvements to many existing functions.