2-Day Workshop: Endeca Information Discovery Training: 22 March 2012 UK
By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Feb 20, 2012
To help Oracle EMEA partners to get started with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery (EID, as was Endeca Latitude) we are providing an intensive two-day training course. It encompasses an introduction to the concepts of EID data exploration and ingest, a hands-on interaction in developing a EID sample business application using EID Data Integrator and EID Studio, and some proven practices in scoping, sizing, and planning a successful EID project.
Through the hands-on lessons, you will learn the details of how to work with and load different data in the context of a sample Endeca application. You will start with an overview of the technology and how it relates to the overall Business Intelligence space. You will then review ingesting data using the EID Data Integrator. You will then build a basic results page, using search, breadcrumbs, guided navigation and result list components in EID Studio. Participants will also discuss proven practices in customizing the interface and working with various data sources and types of analytics.
What you will learn?
- Learn how EID is a unique approach to business intelligence; reducing the BI Backlog
- Explore the Oracle EID solution, including its core components, tools, and the agile delivery methodology used to deploy it
- See how EID Studio provides a powerful, yet easy-to-use tool for harnessing and conveying your business intelligence data
- Loading data and configuration using EID Data Integrator
- Manipulating data in a EID Data Integrator graph
- Access EID Studio components, add them to a sample application and configure various preferences in them.
- Configuring Guided Navigation
- Configuring and enhancing search through features such as search interfaces
- Create enhanced visualizations writing a variety of analytic statements
- Submit analytic statements by using analytics-enabled EID Studio components
- Understand the aspects of data modelling using EID
- Understand proven practices in performance optimisation and hardware sizing
- Understand typical project activities, iteration plans, and roles for effective planning
You must bring a laptop with you for the Hands-on labs. Minimum requirements:
Schedule - March 22nd and 23rd, 2012 : Oracle TVP510, Reading RG6 1RA, UK - This workshop duration is 2 days
Note: We will confirm your registration within two weeks of the event. This training is free to Oracle Gold+ partners.