By Mike.Hallett@Oracle-BI&EPM on Oct 07, 2013
You can read here the full Press Release for the new Oracle Exalytics T5-8.
We now have two Exalytics models on the price list, the X3-4 and the T5-8, which in summary offer:
- Exalytics X3-4 – 40 cores, 2Tb Ram and 2.4 Tb of flash storage, running Linux
- Exalytics T5-8 – 128 cores, 4Tb Ram and 3.2 Tb of flash storage, running Solaris
Also check out the other New Exalytics In-Memory Software License Changes on the price list. And some external to Oracle comments:
- Embracing Exalytics: The New Velocity of Thought and Action from IBM
- Centralizing Business Analytics on Oracle Exalytics from Green Technology News
- Oracle Exalytics Brings Speed and Unparalleled Flexibility to Business Analytics from Accenture
With this enhanced storage and processing power, the ExalyticsT5-8 supports massive server and application consolidation to run combinations of OBI Foundation, BI-Apps, Essbase, Endeca and Hyperion applications together, while scaling to many thousands of users with overall lower total cost of ownership.