Scheduler is going Hybrid!
By Edward Wong on Feb 24, 2009
Hybrid trigger that is! In addition to Simple and Cron, there is now Hybrid which is essentially a Cron trigger beginning a Simple trigger that ends after a specified duration. This allows scheduling tasks like download a sales receipts file by FTP from a store franchise, Monday through Friday from 9AM to 5PM on the hour trying repeatedly at 2 minute intervals for 10 minutes (just in case a particular store is a bit off schedule in having a data file available precisely at 9:00AM for example).
- From the Scheduler Control and Triggers panel, pick Hybrid from the Add combo box:
- Define the Cron Expression that will determine when the Simple trigger will begin, the Duration, number of Repeat's, and Interval between repeats:
- For demo purpose, it's impractical to use the aforementioned schedule so let's just abbreviate it to trigger on the five of every hour that is at :00, :05, :10, etc and for a 2 minute duration with a 30 seconds interval:
- After defining the File BC binding and customary BPEL Process and deploying the respective Service Assembly, we get results like this:
- If you wish to try of this new Hybrid trigger, use a Scheduler component build on or after 25 February 2009 using JNLP launch or JAR download.