SNMP BC Part 2
By wingzero on Aug 12, 2007
In this demo, we will show how to implement the processing logic for the incoming SNMP trap, and we would refer to this processing logic as "Adaptation". Normally, we would want to feed these incoming SNMP traps to an event-processing engine, since usually it is the occurrences of events that are most interesting. However, for simplicity sake, in the demo we are feeding the SNMP traps to an EJB exposed as a webservice operation, and we simply print out the values for each trap in the EJB method.
Here are the main steps to create this project:
- Create a new Composite Application Project.
- Create a new WSDL document, import a pre-defined XSD file, define a one-way operation.
- Generate a new EJB exposed as Webservice from the created WSDL file.
- Writing processing logic in the EJB method.
- Add EJB as a component of the Composite Application Project.
Pretty simple right?