SailFin AMI on OpenSolaris 2008.11
By Divyen Patel on Jul 16, 2009
These 32bit AMI is based on OpenSolaris 2008.11 AMI.
Project SailFin is based on robust and scalable SIP servlets technology on top of a deployment-quality, Java EE-based GlassFish.It is JSR 289 compliant, and provide high- availability and clustering features, while integrating with existing GlassFish services.
This AMI has SailFin and MySQL pre-installed and pre-configured as services. So when the image comes up, you have a running server. All it needs is your service/application.
When the AMI instance is up and running, you can access the administration server using
For your convenience, as database connection pool and JDBC resource has been configured in SailFin.You can see it under JDBC Resources in the Admnin console. Ping the Connection pool named mysql and it should be successful. Now run your usual asadmin scripts that deploy the service to the SailFin.
- Sailfin installation directory: /opt/sailfin
- MySQL databse name: sailfin As MySQL service need to be running for sailfin operation the sailfin service has a dependancy on mysql services and also sailfin has been declared as dependant on mysql in mysql SMF configuration.
- JDBC resources has been creted to used with "sailfin" database.
You can enable the service management facility(SMF) for sailfin by running the command:
#svcadm enable domain1
You can check the status of the sailfin service by running the command:
#svcs | grep domain1
You can disable the sailfin service by running the command as root:
#svcadm disable domain1
You can restart the service management facility(SMF) for sailfin by running the command:
#svcadm restart domain1
For security information and other details on how to work with this AMI, you can look at the README files located at
- For general questions on OpenSolaris, please visit OpenSolaris on Amazon EC2 Getting Started Guide:
- Register at http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/amazon/ to receive latest news on OpenSolaris AMIs
- For technical support during Beta period, please send emails to ec2-solaris-support[AT]SUN[DOT]COM.
OpenSolaris AMI License for Amazon EC2http://www.sun.com/third-party/global/amazon/license/ami/
OpenSolaris and MySQL are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the US and other countries.