Integrated SOA Gateway in OOW 09
By Vijay Shanmugam on Nov 18, 2009
Oracle E-Business Suite Integrated's SOA Gateway had a major focus in this year's Open World among the E-Business Suite Applications Technology components. The increasing interest on Integrated SOA Gateway is an indication of how SOA based Enterprise Application Integration is gaining traction in enterprise architectures. Following were the Integrated SOA Gateway sessions and their contents.
- Presentation - E-Business Suite Integration Architecture (Session S309528, PDF, 3.1 MB)
This presentation focuses on following topics.
- Key integration challenges for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Integration Architecture
- SOA based integration solutions for Oracle E-Business Suite
- Integrated SOA Gateway available in E-Business Suite out-of-the-box
- E-Business Suite Adapter available as a middleware component in Oracle SOA Suite 10.1.3.x and 11g
- Presentation - E-Business Sutie Adapter - Power Session (Session , PDF, 1MB)
This presentation covers following EBS Adapter topics in-depth
- WebLogic server integration
- OSB integration
- Oracle ESB/Mediator
- Business Activity Monitoring
- Order Processing examples
- Presentation - Integrated SOA Gateway - Power Session (Session , PDF, 400KB)
This power presentation covers following ISG topics in-depth.
- Install and Upgrade
- Setup SOA Provider
- Interface Lifecycle
- Custom interfaces
- Setup profile options
- Service Invocation Framework
- Composite Services
- Hands-on-Lab - Integrated SOA Gateway 12.1 with SOA Suites 10.1.3.5
This hands-on lab focused on Service Invocation Framework in Integrated SOA Gateway that provides ability to invoke external web services from within Oracle EBusiness Suite natively. This lab includes following tasks.
- Create and Deploy a BPEL process into SOA Suite middle tier (10g or 11g) and identify the BPEL process's WSDL
- Create a Business Event
- Create a Invoke Web Service subscription and consume the BPEL process's WSDL in the subscription
- Use Test Business Event page to raise the event that in turn invokes the BPEL process.
- The BPEL process's WSDL can be replaced with any standard Web Service's SOAP WSDL.
- Hands-on-Lab - Integrated SOA Gateway 12.1 with SOA Suite 11g
This hands-on lab focused on SOA Provider in Integrated SOA Gateway that provides Oracle EBusiness suite Web Services out-of-the box. A BPEL process is created using JDeveloper 11g to import an Order into Oracle Order Management using their PLSQL APIs exposed through SOA Provider as Web Services.