Application Data Source
By Veshaal Singh on Nov 16, 2008
E-business Suite now provides a Standard Data Source (javax.sql.DataSource) which can be used for an e-business database connectivity from J2EE application servers. You can configure this data source the same way as any other standard Data Source in your application server. The administrators of both, e-Business Suite instance and the Application Server, needs to configure the data source accordingly.
Let me provide a brief-overview of the steps involved from both administrators.
E-Business Suite Administrator:
1. If you are an 11i customer, please download the following patch 6930112 from Meta-link. For R12 customers, the patch comes bundled with the Oracle Applications Technology Update Pack 12.0.6 (Patch 7237006)
2. Create a new Application User and grant the 'UMX|APPS_SCHEMA_CONNECT’ role.
3. Register the Application Server instance as a trusted node by running the AdminDesktop utility on e-Business Suite instance.
Application Server Administrator:
1. Download the fndds.jar from the e-business Suite application tier.
2. Configure OC4J server with fndds.jar as a shared library.
3. Create a new connection pool using the application data source.
4. Provide the credentials of the newly created Application user.
5. Create a Data source using the above connection pool.
Now you are all set to use the new Data Source for database connectivity to an e-business suite instance. For detailed instructions,please refer to the readme in the metalink patches provided above.
Please stay tuned for more on Best Practices for Apps Adapter.