Close on the heels of our recent updates to the recommended EBS 11i Database
parameters, our database and
applications performance architects have published updates for EBS
Release 12. The updated note is now available here:
Our architects have refreshed a large number of recommended settings based upon customer feedback and their ongoing performance and scalability tests.
- Removal of Application Upgrade Considerations section.
- Addition of Advanced Queuing (AQ) note to common parameters.
- Addition of note to the job_queue_processes
- Addition of diagnostic_dest to 11gR1-specific parameters.
- Addition of background_dump_dest, user_dump_dest, core_dump_dest to 11gR1 removal
- Addition of plsql_native_library_dir, plsql_native_library_subdir_count,
plsql_optimize_level to 11gR1 removal list.
- Addition of #MP to _optimizer_autostats_job=false.
- Updates to undo_retention section.
- Addition of Timed_Statistics.
- Addition of nls_language, nls_length_semantics, _sqlexec_progression_cost.
- Removal of nls_length_semantics.
- Removal of SGA_TARGET from Sections 2, 3, and 4, as this is in the common
- Removal of db_block_buffers row from sizing table.
- Updates to "Specific Notes on Table."
- Updates to common parameters introduction.
we've noted before, these changes are extremely important and can have
profound impact on the performance of your Apps database. All Apps
DBAs should spend some quality time comparing your current database
settings with the latest recommendations in this document.