Oracle VM Virtual Appliances for E-Business Suite Release 12.2.3 are now available from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud at this location:
These virtual appliances can be imported into Oracle VM Manager to deploy E-Business Suite Linux 64-bit environments on compatible server-class machines running Oracle VM Server. Alternatively, they can be imported into Oracle VM VirtualBox to create virtual machines on a desktop PC or laptop. The virtual appliances deliver the full software stack, including the Oracle Linux 6.5 operating system, Oracle E-Business Suite, and additional required technology components. The available Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.3 virtual appliances are:
- Single Node VISION Demo
- VISION Demo Database Tier
- Production (PROD) Database Tier
- Application Tier
- Sparse Application Tier
These appliances can be used to support the following scenarios:
- Single node E-Business Suite 12.2.3 installation: Choose the single node VISION Demo virtual appliance (Option 1 above) to create a unified virtual machine with the EBS 12.2.3 database and application tiers.
- Multi-node E-Business Suite 12.2.3 installation: Create a multi-node system using the database virtual appliance of choice (either VISION or PROD) and the application tier virtual appliance. That is, Option 2 or 3 above, followed by Option 4. You can then add secondary application tiers using Option 5.
- Operating system-only installation (Oracle Linux 6.5): The sparse application tier virtual appliance (Option 5) includes the necessary operating system packages, kernel parameter settings, and users (oracle and applmgr) required to install Oracle E-Business Suite, providing benefit for customers who plan to use Rapid Install for their 12.1.3 or 12.2.3 installation.