Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.
~ Walt Whitman
Welcome. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step, and introductions are usually a good start.
I'm a director in the Applications Technology Integration Group, the group within Oracle Development that's responsible for integrating standard Oracle technologies into the technology stack for the E-Business Suite
. I plan to spend the next few posts on my formal (and informal) responsibilities and my group in more detail, so that should do for now.
I'm fortunate to get the opportunity to speak with our customers regularly, both in private meetings and at events like Oracle OpenWorld
. Over the years, I've developed this nagging sense that there's a lot of room for improvement in how we communicate with you, our customers. That's the goal of this blog.
Some of the topics I may cover here, in no particular order:
- Existing E-Business Suite technology stack components, supported architectures, integrations, and tools
- Pointers and tips on making your life as a ERP systems architect or sysadmin easier
- What we think your requirements are, and the difficult process of obtaining and prioritising product requirements
- Possible plans for new features (subject to the usual restrictions placed on me by Oracle Legal)
- Our development and support cycles, and their associated challenges
- Other topics of your choosing
In the blogosphere, it's not uncommon to see blogs die after a few postings. That's unsurprising. Writing meaningless blather is easy, but writing well is hard. No one's going to expend valuable time in blogging without feedback, and I'm no exception. So, your comments will be vital in keeping this blog fresh and alive. I look forward to hearing from you.