You can think of running Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud as running exactly the same Oracle E-Business Suite applications that you run on-premises in your datacenter today – the same E-Business Suite applications you may have customized – on a combination of Oracle’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings.
The main choices are:
- Infrastructure: The Oracle Compute Cloud Service part of IaaS provides a highly scalable, competitively-priced compute capacity that can be used to host your application tier and (optionally) your database tier.
- Infrastructure + Database: The Database Cloud Service part of PaaS can be used to run your database tier, allowing you to provision your chosen database configuration quickly and easily.
- Infrastructure + Database + Application Management: Optionally, you can get assistance with Oracle E-Business Suite applications and database management by deploying managed services on top of the infrastructure and platform services:
- Oracle Managed Cloud Services (OMCS) manages your Oracle E-Business Suite environment on Oracle Cloud. The complete lifecycle management provided by this service includes patching, cloning, and regular technical/functional updates, along with an industry-leading application availability SLA. [OMCS will also keep you up-to-date with the most recent security patches and latest product releases, so that you can both remain secure and benefit from the newest innovations.]
- Alternatively, you can choose a partner to run your applications and perform applications DBA tasks such as patching and cloning, as well as upgrades and technology updates.
For more information, visit the Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud Landing Page.