We are pleased to announce availability of Version 18.4.1 of the EBS Cloud Admin Tool for Oracle Cloud at Customer.
EBS Cloud Admin Tool for Oracle Cloud at Customer automates common lifecycle management activities, including:
- Moving on-premises E-Business Suite environments to Oracle Cloud at Customer
- Provisioning new environments
- Managing Oracle E-Business Suite on the Oracle Cloud at Customer and Exadata Cloud at Customer (ExaCC) platforms
Obtaining the EBS Cloud Admin Tool for Oracle Cloud at Customer
My Oracle Support Knowledge Document 2414350.1, Deploying the EBS Cloud Admin Tool to Oracle Cloud at Customer, provides systematic instructions for obtaining the tool and installing it either for the first time, or updating from a prior release of the tool.
New Features and Enhancements
Key enhancements and features in Version 18.4.1 of the EBS Cloud Admin Tool for Oracle Cloud at Customer include:
- Flexible Lift and Shift Process: This feature delivers the flexibility to move only the database tier of your on-premises E-Business Suite environment to Oracle Cloud. Subsequently, you can chose to move your application tier associated with that Oracle E-Business Suite environment, or continue to run the application tier on your on-premises servers.
- Flexible Backup Stage Location: This feature allows you to back up your on-premises Oracle E-Business Suite environment to any desired storage location. You can use these backups at any time to provision environments on Oracle Cloud.
- ExaCC Cloning using backup/restore process: You can now perform full clones of Oracle E-Business Suite environments on Oracle Cloud. You can clone from one ExaCC to another or on the same ExaCC server, by taking a backup of the source environment and restoring to the target environment using a single seamless process.