[Contributing author: Robert Farrington]
I'm happy to share the good news that we've just made available the following additional release combinations for Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager new provisioning:
Vision Demo Installation
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.8 with Oracle Database 184.108.40.206
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.8 with Oracle Database 220.127.116.11
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 with Oracle Database 18.104.22.168
EBS Installation Types
There are two main Oracle E-Business Suite installation types:
- A Vision demo installation may be used to evaluate functionality and to compare it with your own business process flows. It can also be used as a sandbox environment to test setups and process flows.
- A fresh installation can be configured with your specific, functional setups so that you can test business processes tailored to your needs.
There are two types of provisioning in Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager.
- One-Click Provisioning, where (as part of the streamlined preset topology) the application tier is installed on a single Compute VM, and the database tier is installed on a second Compute VM.
- Advanced Provisioning, wherein you select a deployment topology that suits your specific needs. For instance, you could choose to deploy multiple application tiers; place your database on a certified database cloud service; or choose to deploy on a private subnet.
Supported Release Combinations
For a full list of supported release combinations, see the following tables in Getting Started with Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud (MOS Note 2066260.1):
- Table 3 - Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Options for One-Click Provisioning
- Table 4 - Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Options for Advanced Provisioning
Before you can take advantage of these updates, you must apply Patch 29340329 to your Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager. You can download this mandatory patch from My Oracle Support and follow the instructions in the readme to apply the patch.