The latest release (20.1.1) of Oracle E-Business Suite cloud automation for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is now available for you to use.
This release includes updates to both the EBS Cloud Manager and the EBS Cloud Backup Module to incorporate support for 19c, as well as numerous bug fixes, and is recommended for all customers running Oracle E-Business Suite on OCI.
Support for Oracle Database 19c
Oracle E-Business Suite on OCI automation introduces support for the following capabilities with Database 19c:
- One-Click Provisioning - You can use EBS Cloud Manager One-Click Provisioning to provision an EBS Release 12.2 Vision Demo environment with Database 19c (19.6).
- Advanced Provisioning - You can use EBS Cloud Manager Advanced Provisioning to provision either an EBS Release 12.2.9 Fresh Installation or Vision Demo with Database 19c (19.6). Supported database platforms are currently: Compute, VM DB Systems (single-node or RAC), and Exadata DB Systems.
- Lift and Shift - This capability enables you to migrate on-premise EBS environments that use Database 19c (19.3 and later) to OCI. Start by using the EBS Cloud Backup Module to back up the environment to object storage. Then use EBS Cloud Manager Advanced Provisioning to provision from this backup onto a supported database platform as listed above.
- Cloud Backup and Restore - You can use EBS Cloud Manager to create object storage backups of your EBS environments that use Database 19c, and then provision from those backups to create new systems.
- Cloning on Compute - You can use EBS Cloud Manager to clone your environments that use Database 19c, in cases where the database and application tiers both reside on a Compute VM.
For a full list of features, as well as an overview of certifications and automations, refer to Getting Started with Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (Doc ID 2517025.1).
Obtaining EBS Cloud Manager
To install Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager for the first time, follow the instructions in:
To update an existing Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager to the latest version, follow the instructions in:
Obtaining EBS Cloud Backup Module
Download EBS Cloud Backup Module 20.1.1 as Patch 31254259 from My Oracle Support.