The EBS Cloud Admin Tool is a menu-driven utility you use to create, manage and configure Oracle E-Business Suite on the Oracle Compute Cloud Service and related database services. A new update provides several important enhancements to this management tool. We recommend all customers install this update as soon as possible.
EBS Cloud Admin Tool Versions
The current major release of the tool, Version 1.7.0, is delivered as part of the virtual machine you create using the EBS Provisioning Tools Image available from the Oracle Cloud Marketplace. Updates to the tool are delivered as patches, which increment the codelevel.
Instructions for installing the tool and upgrading it to the latest codelevel, Version 1.7.2, are included in the Oracle by Example tutorial Deploying the EBS Cloud Admin Tool to Oracle Cloud.
Version 1.7.2 includes the following enhancements:
- Database Encryption using TDE
- Preservation of database encryption levels when cloning the database from on-premises to the Oracle Cloud as part of a lift and shift operation, whether the target database service is Oracle Compute Cloud Service, Database Cloud Service or Exadata Cloud Service.
- Automatic encryption of unencrypted databases when conducting a lift and shift operation with the Oracle Database Cloud Service or Oracle Exadata Cloud Service as the target database service.
- Encryption of databases when provisioning a new demo or fresh install environment with the Oracle Database Cloud Service or Oracle Exadata Cloud Service as the target database service.
- Enhanced IP Reservations Capability
- Option to specify multiple reserved IP addresses for all Oracle Compute Cloud Service virtual machines (including the Oracle Traffic Director load balancer, application tiers, and database tier) when provisioning an environment (either new or as part of a lift and shift).
- Automatic HTTPS Configuration
- Automatic configuration of Oracle Traffic Director to encrypt inbound HTTP traffic to HTTPS, using a self-signed certificate.
- Menu Capabilities
- Ability to back to the previous screen in the interview.
- Ability to return to the main menu from any screen.
- Capability to Delete Oracle Storage Cloud Service Backups
- Ability to delete backups (EBS environment snapshots) on the Oracle Storage Cloud Service, created as part of a lift and shift operation.
The following Oracle by Example tutorials have been updated to reflect changes in this release: