The latest release (19.1.1) of our Oracle E-Business Suite cloud automation for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is now available, in the form of a new version of Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager.
We recommend that all customers running Oracle E-Business Suite on OCI obtain the release. Before we tell you how to do so later in this article, let's look at some of the key new capabilities included.
Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager Enhancements
The latest release of Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager includes these new or changed features:
- Separation of Duties: With this release, you can differentiate between three types of role in your organization: network administrators, Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager administrators, and Oracle E-Business Suite administrators. This is achieved by using the following constructs:
- Multiple Compartments - You can create and use separate compartments to hold different types of resources, in contrast to previous releases where one compartment was used to hold all resources.
- Groups - You can assign different groups of users to different roles.
- Network Profiles - You can define network profiles to map compartments with OCI network definitions. Such use of predefined network profiles greatly simplifies provisioning for Oracle E-Business Suite administrators, to help fulfill EBS network requirements.
- Database Bundle Patch on VM DB Systems (N and N-1) - When placing your Release 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168 database tier on either a 1-Node VM DB System or 2-Node VM DB System, you can now select either the latest available Oracle E-Business Suite certified database bundle patch or the previous database bundle patch. Note that you must choose a database bundle patch that is the same as or higher than that in your on-premises environment.
- Cloud Backups (with Oracle Database 22.214.171.124) - You can now create a backup of any Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 or 12.1.3 environment that includes Oracle Database 126.96.36.199, in addition to the Oracle Database 188.8.131.52 capability delivered previously.
- In addition, you can if desired later provision from this backup using the Advanced Provisioning feature.
- Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) Enablement for Compute - If the source of your backup is not TDE-enabled, when using Advanced Provisioning you now have the option to enable TDE if the database target is Compute.
- One-Click Provisioning (Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 and Oracle Database 184.108.40.206 Vision) - One-Click Provisioning now uses OCI images to provision Oracle E-Business Suite demo environments on a single node. This greatly reduces the time taken to get your first environment up and running.
- Other multi-node deployments previously available from One-Click are still available from Advanced Provisioning.
Obtaining Oracle E-Business Suite Cloud Manager