By SamanthaF-Oracle on Jul 20, 2015
There is now an XML version of the Payables APList, which is an alternative to the Invoice Data Diagnostic in the diagnostic pack.
Why it is needed?
The Diagnostic version (HTML based) is limited on size and cannot bring back all the data needed to resolve issues. By using the XML version the size limitation is removed.
The XML version offers some significant advantages over the HTML version in the diagnostics:
- The XML contains more data available to Oracle Support: versions, more setup tables, profile options, etc.
- Support can apply various XSL templates to the XML to make it easy to read and specific to the issue at hand
- Removes size constraints and all the data can be retrieved without making the HTML impossible to open
- Can be run as a concurrent request rather than having to use the diagnostic responsibility
- Can be run via SQL*Plus or any other SQL Utility
- Can be run for multiple invoices at a time
- Support tools can use XML to automatically diagnose certain issues
While the XML version can take a couple more minutes to run it reduces the need for other diagnostics.
When to use it?
This version can be used when requested by Support, or anytime an invoice data diagnostic is requested.
How to run it?
The script can be ran several ways depending on your preference:
- Run directly from SQL*Plus (or a comparable tool)
- Run via the concurrent manager SRS window
- Run via an option on the Tools menu in the Invoice Workbench
How can I find out more?
Please review Doc ID 1677861.1 - How to use the XML version of the Payables APList [VIDEO] which contains videos teaching how to use all the methods to help you fully understand how to use this new tool.
What if I still have questions?
Post your question on the AP community thread and we will be happy to answer them.