By CheriH-Oracle on Nov 11, 2014
Oracle Subledger Accounting was released in R12 and has the following benefits:
- Enables corporations to comply with corporate, local and managerial accounting and audit requirements via increased control, visibility and efficiency
- Streamlines the books closure by providing a common posting engine, so that all subledger products and non-Oracle products can transfer controlled and summarized data to the General Ledger using a standard methodology and auditable, reviewable process
- Constitutes a single source of truth for all accounting, reconciliation and analytical reporting, by storing journal entries in a common data model
Did you know that Payroll requires some manual setup in order to use SLA? This is necessary to make sure that YOUR Chart of Accounts is being used to create the accounting, and that the Payroll costing is going to the correct cost code combinations per YOUR business rules. The Payroll setup & usage for SLA is done via the seeded 'Global SLA/Payroll Manager' responsibility.
The mandatory setup steps are explained in the following notes, which you can access via My Oracle Support:
- Performing a Manual Upgrade to Enable Subledger Accounting (SLA) for Oracle HRMS Release 12 (Doc ID 399632.1)
- Oracle Payroll - Sub Ledger Accounting Integration - An Oracle White Paper (Doc ID 1091213.1)
If you have any questions or issues with the SLA/Payroll functionality, please search for answers on My Oracle Support, or log a new service request with the Payroll support team and include the diagnostic information from the following note: R12.0.6+ Subledger Accounting (XLA) Setup Diagnostics Test (Doc ID 942252.1).