By Toddac-Oracle on Mar 18, 2016
• Create a return order for returned lines.
• Return material to vendors from any Organization.
– For example, If an item is received in org M1 and is moved to org M2, it can be returned to the supplier from M2 itself. In the Returns form, the user can enter the receipt org as M1 and enter the original receipt number of org M1. User will be shown receipt details of org M1 and he can return the material from M2 itself.
• Users will be able to create returns without referencing a PO or receipt i.e. return against no document.
–E.g. user can return a damaged hard drive of a laptop to the vendor even though the original PO was created for the laptop. Users will need to enter the item, quantity, supplier and other details in receipt form.
Note: This functionality is available only from R12.2 above and will not be backported to prior versions.
The simple data flow model:
To learn more about this new functionality, you can review the functional Webcast recording found in the Logistics Community: Advisor Webcast Questions? "Release 12.2 Return to Vendor with Shipping Integration" on February 24th 2016.
You can also view the Webcast information from document:
Document for this webcast: Enhanced Return to Vendor Process in R12.2.2+ (Doc ID 2109517.1)
Happy return's, and don't forget to keep an eye on our Webcast series:
- Oracle Inventory, Product Information Management and Warehouse Management Teams Informational Webcasts (Doc ID 1290983.1)