Mass Additions Create (APMACR) is the process by which Oracle Payables Invoice Distribution Lines are checked for eligibility and they if meet the critiera, they are inserted into the FA Mass Additions table as Mass Addition Lines.
Oracle Assets users then prepare those Mass Addition Lines, by populating additional information, and run Post Mass Additions (FAMAPT) to convert that Mass Addition into an Asset.
Capital Project Related Invoice Distribution Lines are treated a little differently as they have to firstly interface from Oracle Payables into Oracle Projects before Oracle Projects interfaces them into Fixed Assets. However, Create Mass Additions still examines project related invoice distribution lines and flags them as Capital Project related so that the relevant Projects concurrent programs can process them.
For more information on Interfacing Project Related Invoice Distributions to Oracle Assets Via Oracle Projects please review Doc ID 866310.1 - PAXCPGAL & PAXCPCAL - What Are The Steps to Generate Asset Lines and Interface Them to Oracle Fixed Assets?
It's very common for Payables users to fail to understand why their Invoice Distribution Lines didn't get selected by APMACR but the following documents should help you understand and resolve your issues.
1) We have the Mass Additions Diagnostics that have been around for a while:
- R12 Mass Additions Diagnostics (Doc ID 1162886.1)
- R12.1 Mass Additions Diagnostics (Doc ID 1162973.1)
These diagnostics allow you to enter a responsibility, operating unit, GL Date, Invoice ID and Asset Book and the report will examine the conditions required for successful interface to Mass Additions and it will explain why the line didn't meet the conditions.
The screenshot below is taken from a sample output and it shows the invoice distribution didn't interface because the account used on the invoice distribution is not defined as an Asset or CIP Clearing account in any category for the asset book.
2) We have White Papers, Troubleshooting Guides and Functional Overviews to help explain this process in detail:
3) If you are unsure what you should read to help you resolve your Mass Additions Create issues, then look no further than a Troubleshooting Assistant
This document was created to help you quickly locate the relevant document that will explain your issue and help you interface your invoice distribution lines to Oracle Assets.
4) If you are still unsure, why not use the Payables Community which is there for you to use to post your questions and enter into discussions with Oracle and other customers using Oracle Payables.