REDUCE Your Downtime Upgrading!
By LuciaC-Oracle on Sep 25, 2013
Upgrading your EBS environment can be a lengthy process but when you come to do the cut-over on your Production environment you want to minimize your downtime as much as possible. Take a look at the documents highlighted below for information on how to reduce your upgrade downtime.
The documents discuss upgrading Oracle E-Business Suite and considerations to reduce downtime. They will give you an overview and collection of items to consider by the technical team for the upgrade.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Reducing Downtime Upgrading to 12.1 (Doc ID 1578187.1)
- Best Practices for Minimizing Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 Upgrade Downtime (Doc ID 1581549.1)
How to use these documents:
- Review the contents for considerations prior to upgrade
- Use the table of contents to explore considerations
- Project/Technical team should discuss as a group the options
- Prior to the upgrade review materials, keep ideas available
- After you complete first technical upgrade/run on a test/dev environment-re-review options
- Explore options for your upgrade that could improve your cut-over downtime window.
If you make use of these documents or have something to share about your upgrade experience, let us know by posting a thread in the EBS Upgrade Community.