Just Released! The New iProcurement 'iP Item Analyzer'
By LuciaC-Oracle on Nov 19, 2013
The IP Item Analyzer (available in Doc ID 1586248.1) is a script that you can use proactively to prevent known issues in iProcurement as well as to collect data to troubleshoot items not found in iProcurement search, with a single document or group of documents.
There are over 19 possible checks and some of the highlights include:
- Proactive checks with recommendations to prevent known issues and severity one situations. The proactive checks include:
- Critical patches that have not been applied
- Invalid objects along with error message and solutions for common errors
- Validations of setup conditions - for example, profile options that may cause search issues
- Multiple document checks that detect problems and find solutions for a range of issues. These validations include:
- Data corruption issues
- Purchasing categories not mapped
- All items that do not have a shopping category mapped to a purchasing category
- Single document check prints all the information needed to troubleshoot the problem with the search process, including:
- Mutliple checks to verify if item should be searchable in Procurement
- Analyzes item on purchase orders to validate if the item will appear in the search
- Data integrity issues
This script may be safely run at any time. It can be used either reactively, when you are experiencing issues with a particular item, or proactively, to detect issues with all items in an operating unit from a specified date forward. No data is created, updated, or deleted by this script.
So download the iP Item Analyzer today from Doc ID 1586248.1 and let us know what you think by replying to the discussion thread 'Enter feedback here for the IP Item Analyzer Note:1586248.1' in the MOS Procurement Community.