Creating Service Contracts from Order Management
By Oracle_EBS on Feb 27, 2012
Consider the following tips for creation Service Contracts from OM:
Service agreements/extended warranties can be created as a result of selling a Service item on a sales order. The process for creating the contract is different in 11i and R12.
In 11i the process uses the ASO queues as follows:
1. After the sales order is shipped, data is placed in ASO queues
2. Data is dequeued and OKS_REPROCESSING table is populated
3. The Service Contracts Order Capture Integration program must be run
In R12 the ASO queues are no longer used and the Service Contracts Order Capture Integration program is obsoleted. The R12 process is:
1. after the sales order is shipped, data is placed directly in the OKS_REPROCESSING table
2. the Service Contracts Order Processing Program must be run
(a) in both 11i and R12 the Workflow Background Process concurrent program must also be running, so that deferred workflows are progressed.
(b) in both 11i and R12 the contract creation will fail if there is an Install Base error and the referenced instance is not created.
The following notes can help in the troubleshooting this process:
- 12 How to Process Order Lines from Order Management to Create Service Contracts (Doc ID 785760.1)
- Flow for Troubleshooting Order Management/Service Contracts/Install Base Integration Issues (Doc ID 463912.1)
- Completed OM Service Lines Not Flowing To Service Contracts (Doc ID 375240.1)
- How to Create a Service Agreement From a Sales Order That Has a Third Party Role in the Contract (Doc ID 459262.1)
- How to create multiple extended warranty or service contracts from one sales order (Doc ID 406200.1)