By LuciaC-Oracle on Apr 23, 2014
The new features include:
- Oracle Support Chat for Existing SRs: new chat feature enabling Oracle Support engineers to contact you instantly on line to discuss an open Service Request (SR). You control the access; mark yourself available to allow a chat session. View this brief video to learn more.
- Knowledge Tab: more intuitive user interface makes it easier to see search results from different sources, expand search results, or view product hierarchy and further refine searches by product. In addition, if you have Japanese, Korean, or Chinese set as your preferred language, you can quickly toggle between that language and English documents. Learn more.
- Patches and Updates Tab: new link added to provide quick access to quarterly Critical Patch Update (CPU) information and Security Alerts.
- Certifications: enhanced to allow for more complex certification structures.
- Customer User Administration (CUA): ability to send an email to the CUA (with a message), requesting approval for the Support Identifier. A CUA can now set a termination date for registered users, which triggers an automated email notification to the user regarding the termination before expiration.
- Support Identifier Groups: usability and UI improvements. Can automatically copy technical contacts when assets are moved (reduces rework or process mistakes). A message added to Mass Upload function better explains what is happening to the user(s). View this brief video to learn more.
- Cloud Support Portal: ability to view escalation status, comprehensive help content added to assist users with feature and functionality questions, and new alert to complete additional questions that may expedite issue resolution.
For additional details, view the Release Notes and also see the User Resource Center's Discover New Features tab for the latest My Oracle Support Training available for new features.