By Adriana-Oracle on Mar 30, 2014
Intercompany transactions occur between two related legal entities or between groups in the same legal entity. In Release 12 of Oracle Applications these transactions are split into two different categories, INTERcompany and INTRAcompany.
Intracompany transactions can also be generated within a ledger where there is no legal entity context.
How Did This Work Before?
For 'no legal entity context', only Intracompany journals could be balanced using a clearing balancing segment value, based on Intracompany rules defined.
- R12.1+ Intracompany Rules user interface was enhanced, now allowing users to setup rules at ledger level (no legal entity context) even when the legal entities to balancing segment value associations are defined in the system
- Balancing code was enhanced to use ledger level balancing rules instead of the Intercompany or Intracompany rules set up at legal entity level
- Ability to derive different accounts based on the source and category , when ledger level balancing is used
- Advanced Global Intercompany System(AGIS) functionality will not be affected by this new setup
- Possible to toggle between old/new functionality through profile options
Review How to Balance Intercompany Journals Using a Clearing Balancing Segment Value(BSV)? (Doc ID 1640618.1) for full details.