By Carole Black-Oracle on Dec 06, 2013
The HCM Proactive Support Delivery Team is introducing the HCM Technical Analyzer, a Health-Check script which reviews your overall HCM footprint by analyzing your current configurations and settings for your HCM environment. The HCM Technical Analyzer is a non-invasive script which is designed to provide proactive feedback and recommendations associated with the HCM instance on which the analyzer is executed.
- HCM Technical Analyzer Script (Doc ID 1562530.1)
This Analyzer / Health Check / Data Collection tool is a PL*Sql script which will check the E-Business Suite environment and can be executed on all currently released / supported application versions (i.e. 22.214.171.124, 12.0, 12.1, and 12.2). As the process executes, it will output diagnostics advice and proactive recommendations within an .html output file.
When reviewing the analyzer output, you can immediately see where issues are identified as they are displayed in red (errors), orange (warnings) or blue (best practices), so that they can be easily seen. In addition to identifying areas of concern, the analyzer will also identify My Oracle Support (MOS) articles which can be utilized to resolve the issue.
The Analyzer can be executed using one of two 'Run Type' parameters:
- Run Type = ISSUES, which will execute the Analyzer / Health Check with the output geared to customer problem resolution. This option will display only those sections where an issue or potential issue is identified so that you the customer can proactively address them.
- Run Type = ALL, which will execute the Analyzer as a Data Collection tool which can be used to assist an Oracle Support Engineer in resolving an issue.
The Analyzer is designed specifically to be used with the Human Capital Management (HCM) products, which is driven by the following input parameter values:
- BEN - Benefits
- HR - Human Resources
- IRC - iRecuitment
- OTL - Oracle Time and Labor
- PAY - Payroll
- SSHR - Self Service Human Resources
- ALL - All HCM products above.
When the Analyzer is executed an environment review is performed and feedback provided on:
- Performance related setups and checks
- Invalid objects, disabled triggers, and database issues
- Profile settings
- Packages and java classes version
- Patching status.
It is recommended that this script be setup as a concurrent request
from the E-Business Suite interface so that it maybe executed by either Functional or Technical representatives from your business.
- How to run the HCM Technical Analyzer as a Concurrent Request (Doc ID 1575663.1)
Download the HCM Technical Analyzer Script (Doc ID 1562530.1) Today, and Provide us your Feedback!