Tuesday Nov 26, 2013
By LuciaC-Oracle on Nov 26, 2013
Do you use the My Oracle Support Communities? Sometimes it is hard to tell if you got the information you needed! As the person asking the question, you can let the community know which replies you found correct and which ones were helpful.
By marking replies correct or helpful, you make it easier for community members to find replies that might help them in a similar situation, since your designation will change the background color of the reply to make them stand out. In addition, you are rewarding the member who posted the reply with points.
How Do I Mark an Answer Correct or Helpful?
In each reply to a question, extra options are visible to the person who posted the question. At the bottom of the reply, you can select either “Helpful Answer” or “Correct Answer.”
Build the Community’s Knowledge and Acknowledge Members that Help You
The time you take to mark your question as answered provides value to the community and expresses appreciation to the person who provided the answer that solved your problem or gave you new insight on an approach.
You may find other members follow your example, making it easier for you to find the answers you need in discussion threads too!
Read more and watch the short video in Doc ID 1180503.1 which will tell you all you need to know about helpful and correct answers.
By SamanthaF-Oracle on Nov 26, 2013
The purpose of this blog is to raise awareness of GDF patch availability for R12.2.x customers and customers preparing to upgrade to R12.2.x.
Development have been actively working on generating the Generic Data Fix (GDF) patches for R12.2 customers and when they are made available they will be delivered with a .C suffix:
R12.0.x Customers would apply Patch 17714320:R12.AP.A
R12.1.x Customers would apply Patch 17714320:R12.AP.B
R12.2.x Customers would apply Patch 17714320:R12.AP.C
At present, around 60 GDF patches are available for R12.2.x, so if the Master GDF script (Doc ID 1360390.1) detects corruption and recommends a GDF patch that is not yet released for R12.2.x, then please understand that work is currently in progress to get the remaining Payables GDF patches released for R12.2.x as soon as possible. Until that time, customers on R12.2 can use the following workaround:
IMPORTANT: THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR EBS PAYABLES (AP) ONLY. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO EBTAX (ZX), PAYMENTS (IBY) OR ANY OTHER PRODUCT. FOR THOSE PRODUCTS, IF THE GDF IS NOT AVAILABLE PLEASE OPEN A NEW SR REQUESTING DEVELOPMENT TO CREATE THE REQUIRED GDF.
- Run the Master GDF script from Doc ID 1360390.1 - Master GDF Diagnostic (MGD) to Validate Data Related to Invoices, Payments, Accounting, Suppliers and EBTax [VIDEO])
- Review the output of the report to determine ig a GDF patch is required.
- Determine in My Oracle Support if the GDF patch is already released for R12.2 (Check for .C version). If so, then that is the recommended patch to be applied and no further research is needed. Proceed to apply the .C version of the GDF patch.
- However, if the required 'GDF'.C patch is NOT available then do both of the following steps:
a) Review My Oracle Support Doc ID 1597490.1 - R12.2.x Payables Generic Data Fixes - which advises customers to install GDF infrastructure patch 17637775:R12.AP.C. This only needs to be done once per installation even if multiple GDF patches are required.
b) Download the R12.1 version of the recommended GDF patch (i.e. Patch 17445464:R12.AP.B) and run the scripts from the patch as indicated in the README manually. Do not try to apply the patch as the system will prevent this due to incompatible release.
Customer running R12.2 - Master GDF advises they need to apply patch 17445464 to correct their data.
Patch 17445464:R12.AP.C is not available.
Customer uses workaround:
Solution: Apply Infrastructure Patch 17637775:R12.AP.C + Patch 17445464:R12.AP.B manually.
Customer running R12.2 - Master GDF advises they need to apply patch 1771432 to correct their data.
Patch 17714320:R12.AP.C is available.
Solution: Customer should apply Patch 17714320:R12.AP.C.
Welcome to the EBS Support Blog where Oracle insiders share news and information about EBS products including new releases, tips and tricks, troubleshooting guides, upcoming webcasts and links to EBS Communities.
- ATTENTION: ACA PHASE III Patch
- India - Tax Applicability
- HRMS Release Update Pack 9 for Release 12.1
- Post An Idea And Get Your ERs Moving
- What are Service Request Data Collection (SRDC) Documents?
- Webcast: MSCA Application from an EAM User Point of View
- Unplanned Depreciation versus Depreciation Override
- Looking for UK Legislative HRMS Pension auto enrollment/re-enrollment changes for 2016?
- Attention Australian (AU) Legislative Payroll Clients, a Payment Summary Patch Has Been Released.
- Webcast: Value Chain Planning Data Collection Partitions
- ATG Applications Technology
- CRM Cust. Relationship Mgt.
- Financials Products
- Fixed Assets
- General Ledger
- HRMS Products
- MFG: VCP, Execution & Process Mfg
- Oracle Financials for India (India Localizations)
- Order Management
- Property Manager
- Oracle News