By CheriH-Oracle on Nov 13, 2013
Attention North American Payroll Customers!
For those of you who are running your first Year End on Oracle Payroll or customers who have migrated from 11i to R12, we’d like to recommend some additional steps and references prior to producing the US Employee W2 PDFs and Canadian T4s. We recommend these steps to be performed early in the year end cycle. Keep in mind, this is a sample checklist of year end activities, not all-inclusive by any means, but intended as a starting place. Since every business is different, you may have some things to add to this list to specifically tailor it to your business needs.
- Apply Year End Prerequisites – Base Line for Year End as referenced in the mandatory patch lists.
R11i Oracle 11i Human Resources (HRMS) US and Canadian Payroll Mandatory Patch List (Doc ID 111499.1) R12.0 Oracle EBS US and Canadian Payroll - 12.0.x Mandatory Patches (Doc ID 386434.1) R12.1 Oracle EBS US and Canadian Payroll - 12.1.x Mandatory Patches (Doc ID 858794.1)
- Submit the concurrent program Run Balance Architecture Diagnostic Report to see if there are any invalid run balances or balances with incorrect dates. Correct any invalid balances. For more information on Run Balances, check out this note on My Oracle Support: Useful Information About Payroll Run Balance (A Reference Consolidation) (Doc ID 344914.1)
- Prepare your internal Year End Calendar and review last year’s issues
- Ensure that you have the correct Employer Data and transmitter setup in the System (GRE / PRE)
- Verify that all employees’ data is complete: addresses, valid national identifiers, social security number.
- Reconcile your payroll runs and statutory deductions. There are several seeded reports for use in reviewing employee data & reconciliations. More information can be found in the year end guides:
- Verify that there are no negative amounts for employees. See the year end guides listed above for assistance.
- Check all Taxable benefits
- Third party interfaces – Make sure you have all information that you need to feed into the application for year end data.
- Perform any necessary balance adjustments. For additional information on balance adjustments, check out these whitepapers:
- Perform a test Year End run to confirm that all data is reporting to correct forms and boxes:
- Submit the Year end pre processor for each GRE / PRE.
- Submit and review the tax forms and / or registers (ie. W2, T4, T4A, RL-1, RL-2)
- Schedule test print of Year End tax forms
We hope you'll find this sample checklist useful and take the time to customize it for your business, in order to help prepare yourself for a successful Payroll year end.
Be sure to visit Doc ID 1577601.1 'North American Year End 2013 / 2014 Year Begin Patch Information and Useful Links' from time to time for updated year end references.
Mark your calendar for the upcoming EBS North American Payroll Year End Overview advisor webcast on Wednesday November 20, 2013: EBS North American Payroll Year End Process Flow. Details can be found in Doc ID 1592483.1. (For Current Schedule and Archived Recordings see Doc ID 740966.1).
Here’s to smooth sailing through the 2013 North American payroll year end!