By LuciaC-Oracle on Dec 17, 2012
Service and Depot Repair Customer Advisory Boards (CAB)
In November 2012 the Service and Depot Repair CAB joined together for a combined meeting at Oracle HQ in Redwood Shores, California to discuss all the latest news in the Oracle Service, Field Service and Depot Repair products. Over four days attendees shared their experiences with implementing and using these EBS CRM products and heard details of recent enhancements and future product plans direct from Development.
You can access all the Oracle presentations via Doc ID 1511768.1. Here are just some of the highlights:
- Field Service:
- Next Generation Dispatch Center
- Endeca Integration
- Case Study: Oracle Sun Field Service implementation.
- Mobile Field Service: New capabilities for technician-facing applications
- Integration with Oracle Projects
- New Teleservice enhancements
- Spares Management:
- Supplier Warranty
- External Repair Execution
- Oracle Knowledge (Inquira) Introduction for Service Organizations
If you weren't at the CAB, take a look at these presentations for great information about what's new and what's coming up in these products.
12.1.3++ Features for Field Service, Mobile Field Service, Spares Management, FSTP & Advanced Scheduler
In June 2012 the R12.1.3++ patches were released for Field Service, Mobile Field Service, FSTP and Advanced Scheduler. These patches contain new and updated functionality for these CRM Service suite modules.
New functionality includes:
- Field Service/FSTP/MFS:
- Support for Transfer Parts across subinventories in different organizations
- Validation to ensure Installed Item matches Returned Item
- MFS Wireless - Support fro Special Address Creation
- MFS Wireless - Enhanced Debrief Flow
- Advanced Scheduler
- Scheduler UI - Display of Spares Sourcing Information
- Auto Commit (Release) Tasks by Territory
- Dispatch Center UI - Display Spare Parts Arrival Information
- Spares Management
- Enhancements to the Task Reassignment Process
- Enhancements to the Parts Requirements UI
- Supply Chain Enhancements to allow filtering of ship methods from source location by distance.
Doc ID 1463333.1 - Oracle Field Service Release Notes, Release 12.1.3++
Doc ID 1452470.1 - Field Service Technician Portal 12.1.3++ New Features
Doc ID 1463066.1 - Oracle Advanced Scheduler Release Notes, Release 12.1.3++
Doc ID 1463335.1 - Oracle Spares Management Release Notes, Release 12.1.3++
Doc ID 1463243.1 - Oracle Mobile Field Service Release Notes, Release 12.1.3++