By MargaretW-Oracle on Nov 21, 2012
The Payables MGD is a vital diagnostic that all R12/12.1 customers need to run regularly to check the data integrity of their Payables system. This script does not make any changes to your system, so it’s risk free and it produces a HTML formatted output showing which data corruption issues have been detected and provides the Doc ID’s that will be needed to fix them.
This MGD diagnostic (version 120.92 and above) is even better than it used to be as it now checks for 11 new EBTax corruption signatures that Support was seeing on a consistent basis. These lengthy Service Requests could have been avoided with one run of the MGD which tells you right away if you have data corruption. It’s the first thing our Payables support engineers will have you run when you log an SR so why not be one step ahead?
The new EBTax signatures that were included in this latest update to the MGD are pulled from the following common solutions documents:
The specific issues that are now screened are detailed below:
TAXABLE_BASIS_FORMULA and MANUALLY_ENTERED_FLAG mismatch
2. ESTABLISHMENT_ID mismatch
3. TRX_NUMBER mismatch
4. TAX_RATE mismatch
5. Currency Conversion related columns mismatch in Migrated Invoices
6. HISTORICAL_FLAG and RECORD_TYPE_CODE mismatch
7. ADJUSTED_DOC_TRX_LEVEL_TYPE is NULL or APPLIED_FROM_TRX_LEVEL_TYPE is NULL
8. Missing Reversal Tax Distributions For Tax Distributions
9. Tax Lines for discarded or cancelled Transaction Lines are not marked as cancelled
10. Error AP_ERR_TAX_DIST_SYNC
11. AP_UNFROZEN_DIST_EXIST/Unfrozen Tax Distributions exist for this invoice
Get Proactive – Check your system for these common EBTax issues and fix the data before it causes a problem.
Access the MGD note and watch the video that explains how it works here - R12: Master GDF Diagnostic to Validate Data Related to Invoices, Payments, Accounting, Suppliers and EBTax [VIDEO] Doc ID 1360390.1