By MargaretW-Oracle on Oct 03, 2012
Here's the first of what will be a series of Generic Data Fixes (GDF) to be released by Receivables Development.
Generic Data Fix (GDF) are created by development to fix data issues caused by bugs/issues in the application code. Other Generic Data Fix benefits/features include:
- Developed for bugs that can cause data issues.
- Provides a SELECT script that uses an identification/signature query to identify and report all data affected by issue/condition caused by a bug.
- Allow customers to view and modify what will be fixed.
- Provides a separate FIX script to fix the data reported by the SELECT script.
- The FIX script creates backup tables for the data that is fixed/updated.
- Available on My Oracle Support for download
In Release 12, when creating a refund by either of the following methods:
- Applied a receipt to the Refund activity - which creates an Invoice in Payables
- Or you went directly into Payables to create a refund for an open Credit Memo in Receivables
The Invoice in Payables that is associated to the refund is cancelled, the corresponding refund application or credit memo in Receivables is not properly re-instated. For the receipt application, it still remains applied to the Refund whereas this should be automatically unapplied. For the credit memo, it stays closed instead of getting re-opened.
Doc ID 761993.1 includes the patch to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future as well as a GDF script to fix the current data (Script name: ar_std_refund_unapp.sql). Download the script and run in READ_ONLY_MODE to identify 'refund' applications with this problem.
Stay tuned for more GDF scripts coming soon...