By Arnab -Oracle on Sep 02, 2015
Formerly known EBTax setup and Data Integrity Analyzer is now heavily enhanced and renamed as "EBS AP, AR and EBTax Setup/Data Integrity Analyzer"
This Analyzer is a self-service health-check script that identify known problems relating to the EB Tax Setup , Payables Setup, Invoice Checks and Tax Reporting issues of AP and AR you have along with information on notes and/or data-fix patches which may already be available to resolve the issues. This script will check the transactions (if you specify) for any data issues for which Generic Data Fix (GDF) patches are available. It can also scan for additional known issues for which a GDF patch is not yet available (Non-GDF). It will not fix the data but simply report on what corruption exists and point you to the notes and/or patches that will allow you to fix the data.
- Transaction ID: (Optional) You can pass it blank if you do't want to see the Data corruptions which can affect the Tax Reporting. If you want to see the Tax Reporting related Data corruption for a specific transaction you need to pass the Transaction ID (Invoice ID for Payables or Customer_Trx_ID for Receivables)
- Application ID: (Optional) If you don't pass Invoice_ID or Customer_Trx_ID as Transaction ID then you need to keep it blank as well. If you have provided the Invoice_ID of Payables as Transaction ID then provide Application Id as 200. In case you have passed Customer Trx ID as Transaction ID you need to provide the Application Id as 222
- Maximum Rows: (Default of 99999) A number value to indicate the maximum number of transactions to display for any particular data validation. Use this number to control the potential size of the output file if there are validations which return many instances.
- Debug mode: (Default of No) A yes or no value to indicate if detailed debug information should be printed to the process log file. This can be enabled when there are issues running the process itself in order to assist support in troubleshooting the report process.
Reminder: Either you need to provide value for both Transaction ID and Application ID or
Keep both Blank while running the Analyzer.
Running the Analyzer
- Case-I No parameter passed. The Analyzer output will show the Tax Setup and Payables Setup related issues. The title will be EBS Payables and EB Tax Setup/Data Integrity Analyzer Report
- Case-II Payables Invoice Id and Payables Application Id are passed The Analyzer output will show the Tax Setup,Payables Setup, Payables Invoice Checks and Payables Tax Reporting Issues. The title will be EBS Payables and EB Tax Setup including AP Transaction Level Data Integrity Analyzer Report
- Case-III Receivables Transaction Id and Receivables Application Id are passed The Analyzer output will show the Tax Setup, Payables Setup along with Receivables Tax Reporting Issues. The title will be EBS Payables and EB Tax Setup including AR Transaction Level Data Integrity Analyzer Report
Along with EBTax setup checks and Tax Reporting issues the new version (200.4 and above) consists of Payables Setup Checks which address the following known issues.
- Payment Document and Supplier Bank Account Issues
- Supplier/Party Setup Issues
- Financials Options in Payables Setup Issues
Moreover the Analyzer also identifies Invoice Functional behavior under section Invoice Checks
For more details on how to run the Analyzer please refer to Metalink Doc ID 1529429.1