- Announcement: Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance X4-2
- Announcing the new Oracle Engineered Systems Backup Utility 2.0
- OVCA launch webcast - April 16th
- New WP: Best practices for deploying Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.x on Oracle Database Appliance
- Announcing: WebLogic on Oracle Database Appliance 2.9
- Announcing Support of 400 GB eMLC SATA SSD for Netra SPARC T4-1 server
- Announcing new SPARC64 X+ Processors for Fujitsu M10 Servers
- Announcing: Upgrade Kit for the Single Processor SPARC T5 - 2 Server
- Announcement: x86 Product Sun Server X4-4
- Oracle ZFS Storage ZS3 Implementation Essentials (1Z1-414)
Thursday Feb 27, 2014
Monday Feb 03, 2014
By uwes on Feb 03, 2014
SPARC Portfolio Update for T5 and T4 Servers
Since introduction last year, Oracle's T5 servers have topped performance metrics in virtually all enterprise workloads. The SPARC T5 processor retains the title of world's fastest microprocessor, and the SPARC T5-2 server has just shattered another world record (see the latest SPECjEnterprise2010 benchmark result). To make it easier for customers to adopt our T5 technology, Oracle announces a new configuration for the SPARC T5-2 server with one SPARC T5 processor, providing a new entry point to the T5 line of rackmount servers.
In addition, Oracle announces the End-of-Life (EOL) of the SPARC T4-4, T4-2 and T4-1B servers along with all unique ATO and Xoption parts. Find more information in the Product Bulletins on Oracle HW TRC:
- New Single Processor Configuration for SPARC T5-2 Servers
T4-4, SPARC T4-2 and SPARC T4-1B End-of-Life Announcement
(If you are not registered on Oracle HW TRC, click here ... and follow the instructions..)
For More Server Information
How to Use
SPARC T5 Servers
SPARC T4 Servers
Friday Jan 24, 2014
By uwes on Jan 24, 2014
On January 23rd Oracle reported a new world record for his SARC T5-2 server.
SPARC T5-2 Delivers World Record 2-Socket Application Server for SPECjEnterprise2010 Benchmark
Oracle's SPARC T5-2 servers have set the world record for the SPECjEnterprise2010 benchmark using two-socket application servers with a result of 17,033.54 SPECjEnterprise2010 EjOPS. The result used two SPARC T5-2 servers, one server for the application tier and the other server for the database tier.
Read more on BestPerf.
Monday Jan 13, 2014
By uwes on Jan 13, 2014
An advice for all of you who are configuring FC adapters in T5 servers.
There are two versions of the Qlogic 8 Gb FC PCIe Dual Port adapter
one for T5-4/T5-8, model number: 7106958
- one for T5-2/T4-1/T4-1 and other servers; model number: SG-XPCIE2FC-QF8-N