New release of Sun Rack II capacity calculator available
By uwes on Sep 19, 2013
A new release of the Sun Rack II capacity calculator is available on eSTEP portal.
Just uploaded release 50 of the calculator.
The following changes have been integrated:
- “3PP item x” strings unprotected for ease of use (ability to give a custom name to 3PP items).
- LOD format change (change request to avoid confusion on dates formats).
- NX4270 moved to “EOL systems” due to LOD.
- Added X4-2L, X4-2, 7420 M2, ZS3-4, ZS3-2, ES1-24.
- Added LOD date of Sep 30 for 7420.
- Added LOD date of Nov 30 for 7320 and 7120.
The tool calculates all the data necessary
(power requirements, BTU, number of rack units, needed power outlets
etc.) while inserting the many different kind of HW equipment in a
Sun Rack II cabinet (version 1000 and 1200). It takes into consideration most of the available servers, storage devices, tapes, and Netra products. There are also a couple of third party products which are taken into account.
The spreadsheet can be downloaded from eSTEP portal.