IDC White Paper: Oracle Virtual Networking Delivering Fabric Virtualization and Software Defined Networks
By uwes on Jul 30, 2013
In July IDC has published a White Paper that takes a close look at the fabric virtualization technology and profiles the Oracle Virtual Networking line of products.
The paper is titled "Oracle Virtual Networking Delivering Fabric Virtualization and Software Defined Networks"
- The Oracle Virtual Networking line of products offers an implementation of fabric virtualization that is worthy of consideration for any enterprise looking to address its I/O and connectivity issues.
- According to IDC's server virtualization forecast, this year 73% of all new workloads deployed will be virtualized. By 2016, 78% of all new workloads deployed will be virtualized.
- Data from IDC's 2012 Cloud System Software Survey shows that not just server virtualization but also storage virtualization and networking virtualization are viewed as the core infrastructure for cloud.
- Fabric virtualization can help organizations realize the following benefits:
- Reduce LAN and SAN capital expenditures by 50%
- Reduce infrastructure complexity by 70%
- Provision new services and reconfigure resources in minutes instead of days
The complete report can also be downloaded from eSTEP portal.