Announcing: Oracle x86 Systems Product (X4-2)
By uwes on Sep 13, 2013
• Oracle's new x86 servers pack in 50 percent more compute power than the previous generation. This performance boost comes while remaining within the same power profile as the prior generation of servers, making them some of the greenest servers for running mission-critical Oracle software.
• With the new Sun Server X4-2, Oracle has designed in the perfect balance of compute power, I/O bandwidth, and memory footprint in one rack unit, making it the best platform for high-density, clustered computing in an enterprise cloud environment.
• Oracle raises the bar with the new Sun Server X4-2L, supporting more than 50 TB of internal storage and 24 CPU cores in two rack units. By maximizing storage and compute density simultaneously, Sun Server X4-2L is the ideal platform for compute-intensive applications requiring large amounts of direct-attached storage.
• The new Sun Blade X4-2B server module provides maximum compute and memory in a blade form factor, bringing the latest Intel Xeon processors to the Sun Blade 6000 modular system.
• Oracle’s Sun x86 servers come included with advanced system management tools, Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager and Oracle System Assistant.
• Oracle’s new Sun x86 servers include the Oracle Advanced Cooling System. This innovation uses cooling zones to maximize airflow at lower fan speeds while minimizing power consumption to ensure the maximum lifetime of temperature-sensitive components.
Please read the Product Bulletin on Oracle HW TRC for more details.
(If you are not registered on Oracle HW TRC, click here ... and follow the instructions..)
For More x86 Information: