Announcing Oracle Linux 6.5 including the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3
By uwes on Dec 06, 2013
Oracle is happy to announce the immediate availability of Oracle
Linux 6 Update 5, the fifth update release for Oracle Linux 6.
Some highlights in this release include:
- DTrace support has now been integrated in the default kernel and now supports user-space tracing of DTrace-enabled applications via the USDT provider.
- Linux Containers (LXC) are now supported in the UEK R3.
- The Btrfs file system now supports the send and receive subcommands that allow you to record the differences between two subvolumes, which can either be snapshots of the same subvolume or parent and child subvolumes. Btrfs now also supports replacing devices without unmounting or otherwise disrupting access to the file system.
- The OpenFabrics Enterprise Distribution (OFED) 2.0 stack has been added, supporting a wide range of Infiniband protocols.
- Paravirtualization support has been enabled for Oracle Linux guests on Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V or Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V.